Section 1: Responsibility Summary
As a Fulfillment Center Equipment Operator, you will be on the forefront of our operation directly impacting her, our customer. Team members do a wide range of warehouse functions to include arrivals or unloading, receiving, stowing, picking, packing, shipping, solving problems, cycle counting bins, or returning her order. Team members are required in this role to operate powered industrial trucks (PIT) to include both order pickers and turret trucks.
While working on PIT equipment, you will be working inside one of our high tech fulfillment centers driving various types of forklifts to fulfill customer orders. You may be asked at times to help out in other areas of the facility to include arrivals or unloading, receiving, manual stowing, manual picking, packing, shipping, or returning her order.
Section 2: Key Accountabilities
You would be performing the job function of operating a powered industrial truck (forklift) throughout the shift to support the functions of picking, stowing, shuttling, loading, unloading and other jobs that utilize our PIT equipment. While doing these processes, you may need to utilize either a stationary pc or handheld scanner device while operating the PIT and if driving a stock picker or turret truck be operating at levels of 60-80 feet in the air. Percentage of time working on equipment may vary with workload demands.
You may be asked to perform a variety of duties across varying functions utilizing a handheld scanner or computer to include: unloading, receiving, stowing, picking, packing, shipping, or returning her order to make sure our customer is taken care of.
Other duties, responsibilities, and activities as assigned.
Section 3: Critical Skills/Knowledge
- Must have a general working knowledge of how computers operate – no specific software knowledge required
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Experience: 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience in a Fulfillment Center environmentSection 5: Additional Essential Job Requirements
- Maintain attendance according to company policy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift items (Give specific examples, i.e. boxes, manuals, merchandise, inventory, etc.) weighing approximately up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb stairs/ladders.
- Ability to access and enter information using an automated system both quickly and accurately.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations.
- Ability to work under pressure in order to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to differentiate between colors.
- Ability to conduct oral presentations.
- Ability to operate general office equipment (fax machine, photocopier, computer printer) stationed between 3 & 4 feet high.
- Ability to comprehend and apply complex information.
Apply on company website