Sr Broadcast IT Engineer supports the HSN broadcast IT systems. You will provide root cause analysis of escalated and complex incidents/problems. Manage and optimize system performance of broadcast IT infrastructure to ensure 24/7/365 availability. Work with Broadcast Engineering teams to determine requirements for new broadcast IT systems, and develop, design, and supervise installations. Provides end-user support with broadcast IT hardware and software.
Supports and maintains general health of the broadcast IT infrastructure, including but not limited to: routers, switches, firewalls, servers, workstations, storage, databases, virtual systems, software, and vendor specific broadcast IT systems.
Day in the Life
- Makes recommendations to ensure optimal performance and reliability for mission critical and global enterprise systems, which have direct impacts to the company's bottom line and customer perception.
- Leads in the evaluation of new technologies and makes strategic recommendations; Partners with Procurement for best quotes and initiates projects to enhance and optimize systems where possible.
- Makes recommendations to optimize performance, ensure 24x7x365 availability, maximize scalability, and ensure n+1 redundancy of critical broadcast IT systems.
- Manage user accounts, application access, and security settings within the HSN Broadcast domains and trusted QNEXUS parent domain (Group Policies, etc.)
- Manage security settings and review daily security logs for the HSN US Broadcast IT infrastructure (Firewalls, ACLs, Proxy, VPN, Virus updates, etc.)
- Manage VMWare and Hyper-V environments.
- Coordinate with corporate technology teams.
- Manage operating systems and support application software on servers.
- Maintain logs of daily events and track all projects associated work in the relevant document formats.
- Maintain an inventory of passwords, as well as hardware and software licenses.
- Provide scheduled 2nd and 3rd level technical support for broadcast IT systems, including after-hours support when necessary.
- Support the US broadcast IT DMZ and on-premises CDN.
- Manage broadcast storage systems. Regularly reviews capacity, usage, and performance of broadcast IT systems. Understands performance thresholds, analyzes and interprets data to determine issues.
- Partners with corporate IT teams to troubleshoot cross-departmental IT issues when necessary.
- Provides support to live remote teams for broadcast IT related issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field of study.
- 7 years of experience working in a corporate or broadcasting IT multi-tiered environment, installing, monitoring & troubleshooting computer servers and applications is required.
- Extensive network administration experience required.
- Experience in Windows Admin, Network Admin, DB Admin and server technologies required.
- Experience troubleshooting related systems and be competent in reacting quickly to critical situations that occur in live broadcast situations.
- Physical Requirements
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to climb stairs/ladders and work on elevated surfaces (i.e., lighting rafters, etc.).
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
Nice to Haves
- IT certification highly preferred (CCNA/CCNP, Microsoft, VMWare, etc.)
- Experience with ITIL concepts and processes preferred.
- SBE certification a plus
- Computer programming experience a plus (Visual Basic, Python, C++, Java, etc.)
- CAD and Visio design experience is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Apply on company website