Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.Position Overview
As a member of the eCommerce & Business Automation team, the eBusiness Account Manager will lead and manage eServices including related to Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI), Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), Ship & Debit, Master Data Governance (MDG), and Product Information Management (PIM). There are various account management responsibilities in addition to business automation project management duties.
The core function of this role is managing the Hubbell VMI program, supporting our key strategic trading partners by keeping these customers connected and engaged through order management, reporting and analysis of market and business unit trends, and communication regarding inventory needs, service levels, promotions, extended services, and changing environment conditions in support of various Hubbell Businesses.
This central point of contact for information is critical to retain and encourage business from customers. These needs must be satisfied in an efficient, courteous, and accurate manner on a timely basis. As the point of contact for Customer Service, Sales Team, Product Managers, Trading Partners and end-users the eCommerce Account Manager performs an essential centralized role in the chain of customer satisfaction representing the Hubbell brands to our partners, both internal and external.Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide centralized account management to our VMI Trading Partners through inventory management review of VMI locations on a daily/weekly/monthly/semi-annual basis; involving review of stocking mix recommendations, order points, order quantities, errors, exceptions, demand smoothing, and overrides. Coordinate with back-office support team to execute these duties.
- A strong understanding of the technological infrastructure related to how Hubbell electronically communicates and transacts business with our Trading Partners is paramount. This “Big Picture” view is key to successfully managing projects that enable automation of business processes. This includes understanding various nuances across Hubbell business units as well as outside Software as a Service (S.a.a.S) providers.
- Continued expansion and enhancement of core eServices with our Trading Partners, including Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI), Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), Ship and Debit, Returns Automation and more. Coordinating and managing the various cross-functional tasks required to connect our partners with all solutions offered by Hubbell.
- A strong working knowledge of the market segments Hubbell serves is needed to understand the predictive analytical reporting the eCommerce Team develops. These tools are built and presented to several functional area resources: Trading Partners, Sales, Product Management, Finance, and Operations. The eBusiness Account Manager is required to build these reports and articulate them verbally and through written communications.
- Handle incoming customer requests, challenges, and concerns. Actively communicating to trading partners issues and actions involving management of inventory and the VMI process – proactively engage with counterparts to build rapport and increase specialized account knowledge involving strategies and partner-specific expectations.
- Coordinate the review and launch VMI orders and review issues related to successful communication of PO Acknowledgements and Advanced Ship Notices.
- Develop routine performance reports, analyze, and distribute to Hubbell management, field sales, and distributor personnel as required.
- Develop VMI returns and coordinate reviews and approvals through a defined automated methodology. Continue to make sure all VMI Partners are connected to the automated pre-approval returns program, creating efficiencies with making Hubbell easy to do business with.
- Assist in product life cycle management and launches to manage inventory history data and order point/order quantity overrides, and support the same as it relates to seasonality, product promotions, and trends.
- Facilitate all order and master data management associated with our Supplier Inventory Master (SIM) within the VMI Engine per master data.
- Handle incoming requests relative to eCommerce Services, order changes, order cancellations, incorrect shipments, requests for proof of delivery, verification of shortages and invalid/discontinued/suggested replacement items.
- Maintain and enhance customer relations always. Provide reliable and prompt communications to our Trading Partners with both written and verbal excellence. Advise all parties of any challenges with account status, acting as a facilitator for “can-do” problem resolution. When necessary, contact impacted parties for customer error resolution.
- Handle customer complaints in a courteous, helpful, professional manner.
- Perform other duties as necessary. Assist in other functions, projects, etc. as required.
- Four-year college degree is required with additional experience in customer service, eCommerce project management, production planning (VMI) and a strong aptitude for various technology.
- A six-month probationary period required to fully complete a successful on-boarding understanding of the above-illustrated role.
- Good command of the English language, strong phone skills, and understanding of Hubbell channel partners will be required.
- Some travel is required, 2-6 travel trips per year, each being only a few working days in nature.
- This position can be located remotely in the United States.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Apply on company website