Corporate Overview Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us. Division Overview Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.Posting Address
157 Colebrook River Road
Winsted, CT 06098
Responsible for leading, managing, reporting on and initiating new continuous improvement projects with a focus in Stamping and Press Room.Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot and resolve reoccurring manufacturing line issues
- Lead improvement of Press Room performance through deployment of processes and technologies.
- Assist in developing and implementing cost reduction initiatives through continuous improvement (kaizen) events
- Supply cost estimates to marketing for existing product lines
- Work closely with product engineering in product changes/new product introductions
- Provide technical support/training to direct labor employees
- Develop and implement ergonomic changes in the manufacturing setting
- Design and optimize manufacturing processes for the improvement of existing products and the launch of new products
- Evaluate vendor proposals for new equipment
- Assist in implementing and updating Value Stream Maps
- Minimum 5+ years experience in a manufacturing or industrial engineering (or similar) role.
- Must have demonstrated project management experience.
- Must possess thorough understanding of stamping technologies with demonstrated ability to drive process improvement in Quality and Speed.
- Familiar with Progressive Tooling and Die Protection technologies.
- Desired understanding of eyelet manufacturing and tooling.
- A continuous improvement mindset is critical.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Apply on company website