Corporate Overview Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us. Division Overview Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.Posting Address
1615 Moores Street
Leeds, AL 35094
The Human Resources Generalist supports the HR Department and the facility management team with full cycle recruitment, benefits, employee relations and payroll assistance. This position is essential in supporting the business by collaborating with the management team to reach the goals and objectives of the company.Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary responsibilities include interpreting policies, ensuring compliance with all polices, company processes, and state/federal employment laws. Partnering with management on employee relations and conducting internal investigations as assigned by HR management
- Administers recruitment process to include screening resumes/applications, interviewing and applicant skill testing, completing pre-employment testing as applicable
- Partners with all levels of management and employees to communicate various HR objectives and procedures in compliance with company policy and employment law
- Proactively provides consultation and coaching on employee relations issues by assisting supervisors with the implementation of progressive discipline and performance management plans
- Acts as a first point of contact for line supervisors and provides support in regards to employee relations issues, inquiries and complaints.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local employment laws which will require an on-going commitment to continuing education and familiarity with changes in labor laws and regulations
- Supports department and company-wide special projects as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management, Business, Communication and/or related field required
- 7+ years of progressive and relevant high level HR experience in the areas of employee/labor relations, internal investigations, conflict resolution and talent acquisition
- Manufacturing industry experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creativity, innovation and the ability to solve problems and generate viable solutions
- Must be approachable and effective with ability to influence change across all levels of the organization
- Must have good time management skills and be able prioritize duties
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, but also sensitive situations where information must be shared on a an ‘need to know' basis
- Strong knowledge of related federal and state employment laws
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Apply on company website