Corporate Overview Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us. Division Overview Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.Posting Address
1615 Moores Street
Leeds, AL 35094Position Overview
Position is responsible for building and maintaining trim dies, machine tools and fixtures. This position may also support the manual machining manufacturing cell set-ups and assist with operator training.
Core description of the position
- Inspect trim die equipment to insure all specifications are met
- Perform complex die repairs and modifications
- Perform corrective, scheduled and preventive maintenance on trim die equipment
- Identify concerns and recommend countermeasures
- Sharpen related punched and dies
- Proper extraction, maintenance and re-installation of die components
- Handling of external parts at the manufacturing cells
- Set-up, test run and approve trim die performance for release to production
- Perform machine setups on the manual machining equipment such as lathes, drill presses, milling machines etc. to support the manufacturing cells
- Maintain all tooling related to the manual machining cells
- Assist with the training of manual machine operators
- Interpreted drawing specifications
- Fabricate, fit and assemble parts to make, repair or modify dies, jigs, gauges and tools using machine and hand tools
- Select materials to be used for various die and fixture applications
- Set-up and operate conventional or numerically controlled machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, drill presses and grinders to cut, bore, grind or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes
- Complete required tool hardening using heat treating furnaces
- Organize and maintain storage of dies and related parts inventory
- Perform all tasks in a safe and timely manner while adhering to all company policies
- 5 plus years job related experience
- TIG welding experience required
- Knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic cylinders
- Knowledge of proximity switches, sensors and applications
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Apply on company website