Corporate Overview Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us. Division Overview Hubbell Lighting (HLI) is committed to elevating the lighting experience. Empowered by lighting solutions that integrate seamlessly into their environment, save energy, provide improved quality of light, deliver return on investment and armed with Hubbell's unflinching support, its customers are able to think differently about how, where, and when they can use light. As one of the largest lighting fixture manufacturers in North America, it features a suite of brands that provide a full range of indoor and outdoor lighting products serving the commercial, industrial, institutional, and residential markets. Posting Address
65 Spring Street
Plympton, MA 02367Position Overview
- The Hubbell Lighting Product Manager will be responsible for the development roadmap and sales/margin growth for the Architectural product category of LITECONTROL brand of products. The position will also be accountable for the price positioning, marketing strategy, forecasting, and service initiatives associated within this category. The position will interface with operations, sales, product engineering, and customer support functions consistently while executing the Architectural Indoor initiatives. This position will report directly to the VP of Brand Management.
- Identify and execute development roadmap to grow category sales
- Develop marketing story/strategy including responsibility of all product collateral to improve sales traction
- Executes margin and sales growth initiatives by expanding, rationalizing, and developing new product lines for market needs
- Identify and provide direction on profitability/margin/pricing improvement opportunities
- Evaluate product cost positions and development operational advancements to product's manufacturability
- Facilitate and manage communications both internally and externally for all new products or product changes.
- Strong communication skills are a must to be able to move projects through cross-functional teams.
- Utilize voice of customer input to ensure appropriate development of new products and rationalization of existing products
- Provide direction for all shared support functions based on brand's service/sales/quality initiatives
- Evaluate profitability and resource needs in making yes/no decisions of custom product and competitive sales opportunities
- Forecast units and sales using platform SIOP forecasting tools
- Provides pre and post-sales support to a high level of customer experience
- Continuous evaluation of product's service positioning, such as Stock and Quick Ship
- Develops product and process training for internal and external sales, support teams, and internal shared services
- Includes domestic and/or international travel estimated at 10%-20%
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Marketing (MBA is a plus) with 5 (+) years of experience in general product/project development is required.
- Related lighting industry experience is desired.
- Experience to Specification process is also a plus. Must be proficient in Power Point, Word, and Excel.
- SAP experience is a plus.
- Very strong analytical, communication and presentation skills required. An attention to detail and appreciation of deadlines are essential.
- This position requires the ability to meet deadlines, so a flexible schedule is required, to handle multiple tasks and to prioritize their importance and to be able to schedule and lead meetings with a broad range of people.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Apply on company website