Corporate Overview Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us. Division Overview Hubbell Commercial & Industrial (HCI) provides solutions for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, commercial and industrial applications along with high-voltage test and measurement solutions. As a leading global manufacturer and supplier in multiple markets, we have quality products that serve the commercial construction, datacom, industrial light, industrial heavy, high voltage, residential and oil & gas markets. HCI has built its success through strong leadership, employee and customer loyalty and an exceptional sales force. Brand Overview
Hubbell Commercial and industrial Grouo (HCI) provides reliable electrical solutions for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, commercial and industrial applications, along with high voltage test and measurement solution. HCI has various divisions among which there is Wiring Sytems. Wiring Systems provides a leading range of receptables, plugs, connectors, switches, and ground fault products serving the Industrial, Commercial, Residential, Datacom AV and Marine Markets.Posting Address
Hubbell Caribe Limited
Cabo Caribe Industrial Park
Road #686, KM 17.3
Vega Baja PR 00693Position Overview
Under the general direction of the Manager Safety & Environmental works with the Safety and Health programs to assure that Hubbell has compliance with the local and federal regulations, and provide assistance in the reduction of work related risks, accidents, and illnesses.Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts training on Health, Safety and other related safety training programs, as required by Hubbell Caribe Limited (“HCL”).
- Evaluates hazardous and risk developing safe conditions and control practices and programs.
- Assists plant personnel at locations with critical safety and health problems.
- Prepares written monthly Safety Reports related with frequency and incident rate.
- Responsible for the distribution, inventory and control of the Personal Protective Equipment (“PPE”) in “HCL”.
- Carries out Corrective Actions about the use and maintenance of the safety equipment related with the Safety Rules violation.
- Assists the Supervisors to determine the proper equipment; this implies from the calibration of the equipment up to the coordination of the itinerary with the supervisors and associates, to carry out the Hearing Conservation tests, documentation and maintenance of the records.
- Coordinates the trainings of CPR and First Aid; verifies that the designated personnel complies with the requirements and coordinates the vaccination for Hepatitis B.
- Participate in the EHS training program offering specific trainings such as: New Hire Safety Orientation (Safety Manual), Pathogens in the Blood, Hearing Protection, Ergonomics and “PPE”.
- A Bachelor Degree in Science (minimum) and five (5) years experience in Engineering or Human Resources in the Safety and Occupational Health environment (at least).
- Fluent in written and verbal English and Spanish languages.
- Effective analytical, written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to compose reports and present to all level of management.
- Computer literate.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Apply on company website