Corporate Overview Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us. Division Overview Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.Brand Overview
Founded in 1887, the Anderson™ brand was acquired by Hubbell Power Systems, Inc. (HPS) in 1995 and manufactures products for the distribution, substation and transmission markets. Anderson products include electrical connectors, clamps, crimping tools, fittings, and accessories. The products are proudly manufactured in HPS' facility in Leeds, Alabama.Posting Address
1615 Moores Street
Leeds, AL 35094Position Overview
Manages andsupervises team responsible for receiving, storing, inventorying, issuing, and shipping materials. Conducts various data analysis to insure warehouse operations are optimized and to support team goals.Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing the shipping, internal material flow, and receiving activities to support production.
- Fully participate in design and responsible for daily execution of receiving processes, warehouse configuration, internal material movement and shipping processes.
- Responsible for implementation of new processes and procedures as designed by Process Engineering, Maintenance and Continuous Improvement departments for material flow improvement.
- Perform data analysis using SAP and excel skills to support daily functions as well as continuous improvement.
- Coordinate SAP changes and develop receiving, warehousing, material movement, and shipping procedures that optimize SAP functions as related to material storage and movement.
- Responsible for maintaining staffing to template levels and insuring all associates are properly trained in department procedures and work instructions. To include montioring forklift operators are licensed.
- Management of the warehouse and other material storage areas to maintain at least 98% bin specific inventory accuracy rating as demonstrated through the cycle counting program.
- Responsible for the maintenance and record keeping of all equipment assigned to the area, this includes coordination with maintenance service suppliers.
- Responsible for good housekeeping(5S) and safe storage of materials in all areas of the receiving, inspection, and shipping to include the administration of all safety policies, procedures, and programs.
- Work closely with the other Business Units to ensure coordination of production, inventory management and quality assurance.
Must be able to work extended hours when required. Some travel required.
RECOMMENDED EDUCATIONALBACKGROUND AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
Demonstrated understanding of Material/Logistics/Manufacturing processes and material flow is required.
RF Implementation experience.
LEVEL OF DECISION MAKING:
Supervise and lead salaried employees
Supervise and lead hourly employees
Execute and manage the daily, weekly and monthly shipment priorities
Execute and manage the daily, weekly and monthly inventory prioritiesEducation Bachelors Degree
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Apply on company website