Exciting opportunity to join our opening team of two brand new Marriott hotels in Agoura Hills!
Job Title: Housekeeping Manager
The purpose of the Housekeeping Manager is to ensure that housekeeping quality standards are adhered to and goals for the housekeeping department are achieved. The Housekeeping Manager is directly responsible for standards of cleanliness, associate morale, budgetary goals and inter-departmental relations.
Directing Team Members
- Hires, trains, supervises, coaches and counsels Housekeeping team members.
- Distributes and delegates workload to guarantee maximum production and Guest satisfaction with minimum outlay of expenses in terms of labor and materials.
- Monitors occupancy and makes staffing adjustments accordingly.
- Plans, organizes, and monitors team member activities to ensure compliance with hotel quality standards, which requires continuous visual inspection of all physical areas of the hotel.
- Plans and facilitates team member meetings.
- Prepares and renders annual performance evaluations for all teammembers.
- Enforces proper grooming and dress code for department personnel.
- Ensures that a proper key control program is followed.
- Inspects all rooms after cleaning when Housekeeping Supervisor is not present. Ensures correction of cleaning problems found in inspected rooms as needed.
- Works closely with maintenance department to ensure proper preventative maintenance procedures are followed, preparing reports as needed.
- Ensures special cleaning projects and room care are implemented and followed through.
- Evaluates condition of furniture, fixtures, décor, etc., and make recommendations and complete appropriate work orders.
- Orders and manages inventory for uniforms, linens, and supplies. Codes invoices.
- Prepares weekly associate schedule within budgeted guidelines.
- Accommodates Guests' special requests courteously and efficiently.
- Maintains Guest Lost and Found program to ensure proper security of lost items.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner to get along with Guests, clients, co-workers, and management.
- Prepares, files, and maintains records of inventories and other pertinentrecords.
- Ensures safety procedures and proper use of chemicals and cleaningsupplies by monitoring usage, providing complete training for teammembers, and ensuring proper labeling of hazardous supplies.
- Performs all other duties as directed, developed, or assigned.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate in English. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with other departments, Guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically handle difficult situations and people.
- Technical Skills: Facility maintenance and housekeeping skills. Knowledge of proper chemical handling and safety procedures. Basic computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, and email.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, report, or schedule form.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Able to work with little or no supervision and to effectively supervise others. Operate equipment such as, but not limited to, commercial washer and dryer, magnetic card door-lock system, vacuum, and computer. Ability to perform the essential functions of Room Attendant, Inspector, House Attendant, and Laundry personnel. Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- In the past 3 years, must have minimum of 1 year experience as an Assistant Executive Housekeeper or Housekeeping Manager in an upscale hotel
- Must be bi-lingual (English-Spanish)
- Local candidates only
- Some exposure to cleaning chemicals
- Seeing – Must be able to see well enough to read reports, drive, and use a computer.
- Hearing – Must be able to hear well enough to communicate on the phone and in person.
- Standing/Walking/Mobility – Must be able to stand to operate office machinery. Must be able to move between departments.
- Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling – Must be able to climb four flights of stairs. Must be able to stoop and kneel for short periods of time.
- Lifting – Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Fingering/Grasping/Feeling – Must be able to write, type, and use thephone system.
Apply on company website