Job TitleIndirect Material Commodity Manager
Indirect Material Commodity Manager
Put a LIFT in Your Career! Hyster-Yale Materials Handling (HYG) is a world-class manufacturer of industrial lift trucks, has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and talented Indirect Sourcing Specialist at our facility located in Portland, OR facility. HYG designs, engineers, manufactures, sells and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally under the Hyster and Yale brand names. We are one of the global leaders in the Material Handling industry and have been building relationships and partnering with our customers, suppliers, dealers and employees for over 90 years.
HYG is looking for an energetic individual who will have a positive influence on the Global Supply Chain team. As an Indirect Sourcing Specialist, you will have responsibility for Supplier selection and Supplier Management, negotiation of Key Master Supply Agreements with HYG suppliers and development of applicable Statements of Work,
manage costing and supplier negotiations to achieve better than industry average target costs, delivery of annual cost reduction and avoidance, manage the Indirect Strategic Sourcing Process and develop and identify Supplier Risk Management Strategies.
The scope of this position includes Indirect Goods and Services for use by HYG and subsidiaries. Specific areas of focus are:
- IT Hardware, Software and Services
- Facilities Services including Utilities, Telecom, Janitorial, Building Maintenance, Security, Waste Management, Environmental compliance
- Capital Purchases
- Travel Services
- MRO Supplies
- Establish best-in-class sourcing strategies for goods and services across the global organization with the best total cost.
- Develop efficient, standardized processes; communicate, train and advise internal business process owners.
- Ensure lowest cost supply base with best quality and service by negotiating contracts to support HYG requirements for indirect items.
- Expand procurement value - provide oversight, and participate in, or lead, major projects involving strategic goods and services to assure strategy execution consistency.
- Lead and participate in selecting and evaluating suppliers.
- Manage ongoing supplier relationships by building excellent relationships with supplier's management
- BS/BA Degree in Business or Supply Chain
- 5-7 years related experience
- Broad business operations or manufacturing understanding
- Broad purchasing knowledge skills including expert in international sourcing and negotiations, contract development, UCC and contract law, supplier assessment and evaluation, strategic sourcing leadership.
- International business – ability to work cross-culturally in an international business environment
- Strong communication skills resulting in the ability to motivate others and build positive relationships with other teams and individuals at all levels.
- Proficiency in technology, presentations, and all forms of communication – oral, written, and visual formats.
We are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.
Employment TypeFull time
Primary LocationHYG US Portland, OR
Address4000 NE Blue Lake Road
Relocation Assistance AvailableNo We are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website