Job TitlePainter (2nd shift)
Put a LIFT in Your Career! Hyster-Yale Group (HYG), a world-class manufacturer of industrial lift trucks, has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and talented PAINTER at our facility located in BEREA, KY. HYG designs, engineers, manufactures, sells and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally under the Hyster and Yale brand names. We are one of the global leaders in the Material Handling industry and have been building relationships and partnering with our customers, suppliers, dealers and employees for over 80 years.
HYG is looking for an energetic individual who will have a positive influence on the Fabrication team. As a PAINTER, you will have the responsibility of applying two-part Poly and Powder Coat in the painting of forklift truck frames and components required to build a forklift including wheelabration, blow-off, loading and unloading to conveyor and staging material.
Key accountabilities include:
- Maintain proper color of lift truck to meet specifications.
- Clean, sand blast, and apply paint to maintain standards and follow established procedures.
- Maintain adherence for a quality product.
- Promote a safe work environment through safe behavior, safe operation of equipment and proper use of (PPE).
- Perform routine cleaning of spray equipment and general housekeeping.
- Maintain adherence to quality standards.
- Support and help enforce all company policies; including safety, housekeeping, environmental, financial, reporting, and discipline.
- Minimum six months experience in the proper application of primer and/or automotive finish paint.
- Experience in the proper preparation of the area to be painted.
- Vocational training or post High School Certificaton in auto body repair/painting.
- High school diploma or GED
- Basic Math skills
- Experience using air tools, hand tools, overhead cranes, etc.
- Physical ability to perform tasks related to this assignment – bend, twist, lift, kneel, reach, pull, squat, push, etc.
- Safety knowledge in a manufacturing environment and proper use of PPE.
- Ability to read and make decisions from SOE's, OMS, shop orders, operation sheets, prints, diagrams, and written and verbal orders.
- Familiar with DFT techniques preferred
- A National Career Readiness Certification is preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.
Employment TypeFull time
Primary LocationHYG US Berea, KY
Address2200 Menelaus Pike
Relocation Assistance AvailableNo We are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website