Position at IDEA Public Schools
About IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years – that's 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve nearly 53,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA will serve 100,000 students. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with continued growth in our current regions and new launches in Houston (2020), Permian Basin (2020), and Tampa Bay (2021)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video .
Role Mission: In order to ensure the maximum successes for our students, IDEA's teachers, leaders, and district staff members rely on strong data to inform decision making. The Assessment Manager plays a mission critical role by managing the implementation of student assessments, data collection and reporting through systems and dashboards, and ensuring 100% of students have optimal testing environments across the organization. As a result of this work, stakeholders have accurate and efficient access to data and can make data driven instructional decisions for 100% of students.
- Meets 95% of assigned testing program & system deadlines on time, based on respective annual operating plans
- Develop, update and follow annual operating plans for assigned district and state testing programs to ensure tasks are completed on time
- Manage assigned testing systems and develop strong business partnerships with vendor account representatives to ensure the district meets the goal of 100% of students are tested with the appropriate test and within the designated deadlines
- Develop strong business partnerships with the following district teams to help develop plans and obtain necessary data and information: Software Development, SIS, Research & Analysis, College Success, Special Programs, Individualized Learning, IT, and Program Team.
- Coach and develop testing coordinators to meet the goal of 100% of students complete testing for all appropriate tests
- Support assessment team in state, district, and collegiate testing material ordering, handling, management and shipment.
- Less than .001% irregularities districtwide for STAAR, LEAP, AP, ACT, PSAT
- Manage the test materials ordering process for designated tests to ensure 100% of schools have the correct materials on time and in the correct quantities
- Actively collaborate with district Special Programs staff to ensure proper accommodations are being implemented to appropriate students
- Develop and deliver high-quality training materials and testing resources/tools to be used districtwide to prepare campuses to administer specific tests
- Coach and develop testing coordinators to meet the goal of 100% of students participate in the appropriate test administration
- 80% of testing coordinators retained from July to June
- Participate in the development and execution of annual differentiated scope and sequence for testing coordinator training.
- Design and deliver high quality training sessions for testing coordinators, such that 90% of training participants rate "I would recommend this training to a colleague" as a 4 or 5.
- Offer testing-related office hours throughout the year to increase contact with testing coordinators
- Coach and support testing coordinators in testing procedures
- Develop and cascade testing-related training videos and resources in the Assessment Team section of the Student Performance & Advocacy HUB to reinforce the knowledge learned at trainings.
- Commitment to high quality customer service 100% of the time.
- 95% of testing support requests are completed within 24 hours (business day), based on Zen Desk reports
- Thrives within a fast-paced, feedback heavy, customer service-oriented team.
- Is responsive to feedback and requests, and engages in proactive planning
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills
- Is flexible regarding tasks and work schedule
- Able to multi-task, is organized and excels in time management
- We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Must be able to lead and influence others where no direct reporting exists; specifically provides guidance and mentorship to district academic counselors and/or testing coordinators
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Experience: at least 1 year of experience as a campus testing coordinator preferred.
- Experience delivering training presentations preferred.
- Must work out of either the district Headquarters in Weslaco, TX or the San Antonio Regional Office in San Antonio, TX on a daily basis.
- Must be able to travel to various regions, on occasion, for 1-5 days at a time, potentially including weekends.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Capable of managing others through influence.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge in the administration of state assessments, college admission standardized assessments, and/or testing systems preferred.
- Salaries for this role typically fall between $48,650 and $60,800, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications.This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on individual and organizational performance and goal attainment.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.
Apply on company website