Position at IDEA Public Schools
About IDEA Public Schools:
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years – that's 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve nearly 53,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA will serve 100,000 students. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with continued growth in our current regions and new launches in Houston (2020), Permian Basin (2020), and Tampa Bay (2021)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video .
About the Rio Grande Valley:
Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a school of 150 students in Donna, TX to the fastest- growing family of tuition-free, public charter schools in the United States. In the Rio Grande Valley, we are a nucleus of four counties (Cameron, Hidalgo, Starr and Willacy County) that work as one unit to support our children academically and holistically.
RGV is home to a population of just over 1.3 million residents. Children across the region truly benefit from IDEA's mission of college for all as only 1 out of 17 students' graduate college ready. Our mission holds true as we have 2,400 IDEA alumni that currently attend, or have graduated from, 150 colleges and universities across the country.
Join our passionate team of changemakers in south Texas as we prepare to expand our home region to 55 schools, serving over 38,000 students in 2022.
Role Mission: The Assistant Principal of Operations (APO) manages campus operations for each IDEA site (two schools) and is responsible for achieving operational excellence across non-instructional areas, including front office management, student information systems, child nutrition, transportation, health services, business office, facility maintenance, new construction management, technology coordination, student recruitment and enrollment.
85% Operations Staff Retention
- Responsible for ensuring top performers occupy every seat across all operations roles
- Institutes operating mechanisms that facilitate the ongoing coaching and support of team members (check-ins, tactical meetings, regular observation and feedback sessions, high-quality talent review process and staff development cycle)
- Leverages the APO Priorities Calendar; routinely assesses team members based on progress toward goals as well as principal and HQ feedback; prioritizes support accordingly
100% Projected Enrollment for Academy and College Prep schools by the first day of school
- Develops and executes student recruitment efforts that target families with school-aged children immediately surrounding each school
- Leads team to recruit new families with specific applicant goals per grade level--3:1 ratio (open grade levels) while ensuring applications are high quality and ultimately lead to enrollment
- Ensures all new families are effectively onboarded and persist through their first year
- Complies with all federal, state, and organizational student registration requirements throughout the enrollment process (i.e. transfers, testing, etc.)
100% of new parents are onboarded and enroll prior to the first day of school
- Ensures all new families are effectively onboarded and registered by June, so that they persist through their first year in our schools
- 100% over enrollment goal for summer registration in June
Campus safe and operational one week before the first day of school
- Responsible for managing all Beginning of Year (BOY) efforts with a specific focus on:
- 100% of positions filled, staff onboarded and in attendance at summer training
- 3.5 average score on both the parent and staff BOY surveys
- ≥90 score on Beginning-of-Year quality scorecard
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
- Year 0 APOs directly manage 3 staff members: receptionist, SIS coordinator, and business clerk. During the year, they select their founding staff, who start work on campus the summer before opening.
- Year 0 APOs report to the Regional Director of Operations until transitioning to their founding principals mid-year.
- Education: Bachelor's degree required
- Experience: Experience managing and developing others to achieve ambitious results
Salaries for this role typically fall between 65,426 and 83,419, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications.This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on individual and organizational performance and goal attainment.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.
Apply on company website