Position at IDEA Public Schools
About IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years – that's 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve nearly 53,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA will serve 100,000 students. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with continued growth in our current regions and new launches in Houston (2020), Permian Basin (2020), and Tampa Bay (2021)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video .
Role Mission: The Benefits Generalist plays a vital role on the Benefits team by partnering with third party administrators and producers to enhance and solidify staff satisfaction and ensure best-in-class benefits offered to all IDEA staff members. He/she administers the Flex Credit and Supplemental Retirement Programs in coordination with the Benefits Analysts and develops all educational resources for staff engagement and communication initiatives, including auditing new hire enrollment and open enrollment. The Benefits Generalist develops new employee Health and Wellness initiatives and drives communication across the district to encourage staff participation and feedback.
- 90% of IDEA staff are satisfied or highly satisfied withcustomer service support
- Demonstrates excellent time management and organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- Resolve any matters on behalf of staff members associated with misplacement of cards, claim issues, carrier issues, etc. and sees the matter all the way through until resolved.
- Offers high-quality and exceptional level of customer service by going above and beyond expectations, ensuring follow-up with staff following support
- Conducts benchmarks for plan offerings with the assistance of third-party benefits partners
- Provides input to plan design/specifications with the assistance of third-party benefits partners
- Evaluates and provides input to current third-party performance
- Works with carriers and third-party administrators to resolve system issues/discrepancies
- Develops educational resources for engagement and communication initiatives
- 95% of newly hired staff completes enrollment within 30 days from date of hire
- Creates profiles in the enrollment platform within 48 hours from receiving system notification to allow employees immediate access to web self-enrollment options
- Utilizes various communication channels such as e-mails, phone calls, Microsoft Teams, etc. to reach out to new hires and assist with changes and questions regarding benefits offered
- Monitors enrollment status weekly to identify staff members' pending completion and persistently contact them and their supervisor to get them to complete enrollment
- Partner with our third-party Benefits Support Center and Benefits Counselor to ensure staff members can complete enrollment
- Completes reconciliations for Flex Credits program and Health Reimbursement Accounts and partners with cross-functional teams to ensure accuracy and process efficiency
- Completes monthly and annual reconciliations for all HRA transactions on time and by designated deadlines while working through additional responsibilities
- Identifies and enters adjustments while identifying reasons causing adjustments and trends in an effort to significantly reduce totals each year
- Works with the Payroll team to ensure adjustments are cleared and to run special checks at the end of the month to ensure all transactions are cleared through payroll
- Conducts monthly meetings with Accounting department to clear books and works to ensure accuracy
- Coordinates with Accounting to ensure variances are matching against what was remitted to carriers and makes changes/revisions when necessary
- Monitors the clearance of all payroll adjustments and moves dates when necessary
- Executes end-of-year processes and works closely with cross-functional teams and supervisors to disseminate information to staff regarding premiums and coverage
- Processes terminations as they arise to ensure HRA funds are no longer utilized by inactive staff members
- Reviews rollover balances and monitors the HRA budget closely
- Partners with Benefits Analyst to run frequent data analysis and complete reconciliations
- 90% of employees complete enrollment by open enrollment deadline
- Leads and executes engagement and outreach during the annual Open Enrollment season by engaging employees and ensuring they receive relative information
- Sends communication to remind employees to enroll during the OE season
- Operates under extended hours during OE season to remain accessible to employees via phone, e-mail, or face-to-face
- Works with enrollment counselors provided by third-party to train and set expectations for customer service
- Demonstrates excellent staff support and productivity
- Juggles multiple tasks to ensure goal is being met while keeping up with normal weekly and monthly deliverables
- Coordinates with marketing and communications team to develop IDEA-approved communication efforts
- Attends annual TRS meeting to review plan changes and structure
- Executes all-staff presentations
- Identifies issues with enrollment and prepares action plans to resolve them through data analysis
- Prepares and executes documentation for plan changes
- 20% of staff actively engage in Benefits Health and Wellness initiatives
- Coordinates health events (e.g., flu clinics, health fairs), establishing critical new partnerships with local/national merchants
- Develops 90%+ of the content (in compliance with IDEA's Internal Communications Guidelines) for at least 8 staff-wide Benefits newsletters annually
- Acts as liaison to Teacher Retirement System (TRS)
- Assists staff members in preparing for retirement by educating, providing resources, and preparing communication
- Administers the 403(b), 457(b) and 529 College Savings Plan
- Coordinates and launches periodic financial seminars
- We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
- Communication – ability to effectively communicate with staff members and third-parties via a variety of platforms
- Managing Others to Deliver Results – encourage and motivate staff members to complete Open Enrollment and participate in our Health and Wellness programs
- Problem Solving – ability to identify the root cause of problems or issues and develop solutions
- Education: Bachelor's degree required. Relevant experience or and equivalent combination of education and experience is accepted in lieu of degree
- Experience: 1-2 years' experience in a similar role.
- License or Certification: CBP, CEBS, or other benefits advisory certification preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to work extended workdays to support business needs
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills, both written and oral, and maintain confidentiality in all matters
- Excellent verbal, written, presentational, and interpersonal skills to interact with carriers and staff at all levels in Spanish and English
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- Salaries for this role typically fall between $46,600 and $55,940, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications.This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on individual and organizational performance and goal attainment.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.
Apply on company website