Position at IDEA Public Schools
About IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years – that's 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve nearly 53,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA will serve 100,000 students. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with continued growth in our current regions and new launches in Houston (2020), Permian Basin (2020), and Tampa Bay (2021)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video.
Austin is a vibrant city filled with a rich cultural heritage and is ranked as the #1 Best Place to Live for the second year in a row by U.S. News and World Report. The city of Austin is the state capital and holds the ranking as the 11th largest city in the United States. Currently, Austin is home to 16 of IDEA's schools and serves nearly 7,800 students at campuses in Austin, Kyle, and Pflugerville.
In a city that is a hub for knowledge, IDEA is working to support the community through education, which is the single most effective anti-poverty strategy we possess as a nation. This is why we focus on AP courses for all students, college acceptance, and matriculation. Only 1 in 8 Austin students' graduate college ready. Changing this statistic is part of the promise IDEA makes to current and incoming students. Our goal is to add 16 more schools over the next 4 years, including IDEA's first health professions school, in support of our mission of college for all, positioning us to serve approximately 13,000 students by 2022.
Role Mission: Provide safe transportation for SPED and/or RISE students to and from home and campus on a daily basis while reducing operational cost.
- Safely transports students
- Drives a SPED approved vehicle safely, in accordance with time schedules
- Transports students to and from their homes, a variety of school sites, and on field trips as assigned
- Oversees the loading and unloading of students; only releases students to authorized individuals; assures that safety belts are fastened in passenger vans
- Maintains order and proper discipline of passengers; resolves disputes; documents and reports severe disciplinary cases
- Follows safety rules and procedures
- Conducts established safety and operational inspection of assigned vehicle daily
- Maintains a variety of records and reports including but not limited to mileage, routing, maintenance, and time schedules
- Notifies appropriate individuals of any delays in scheduled route
- Maintains and carries proper credentials updated accordingly to DOT and IDEA policy
- Takes direction and feedback well
- Has an open communication channel with campus managers
- Able to accept feedback, both positive and critical
- Able to self –reflect on own performance in order to improve continuously
- Manages multiple tasks by prioritizing work
- Needs to adapt to changing circumstances while performing various tasks
- Handles various tasks simultaneously and within established time constraints
- We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes in our mission: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Is driven by outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- Embodies IDEA's core values
- Education: HS diploma or GED required
- Experience: Minimal 1 year experience driving a non-CDL vehicle passenger vehicle
- CPR Certified (preferred or obtained with/in the first 90 days of employment)
- First Aid Certified (preferred or obtained with/in the first 90 days of employment)
- CPI Certified (preferred or obtained with/in the first 90 days of employment)
- Must be able to work with open calendar
- Must be able to work on evenings, weekends, holidays, etc.
- Expected to work a minimum of 32 hours per week – not including extra-curricular activities assigned by campus
- Must be able to work extended hours when necessary to meet business needs
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be able to assist the SPED Monitor and students with equipment such as wheelchairs, car seats, child safety restraints, and any other equipment required by the IEP.
- Be able to participate in ARD and IEP Meetings with Special Education personnel and Principals
- Able to conduct pre and post trip vehicle inspections and report any maintenance related issues to SPED Transportation Manager
- Be able to report every morning to your SPED Transportation Manager or Campus Leaders of your availability status
- Salaries for this role typically fall between $13.99 and $17.17, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.
Apply on company website