Position at IDEA Public Schools
Become a Principal in Residence at IDEA and change the educational landscape for thousands of children in under-resourced communities.
IDEA Public Schools is seeking the best and brightest instructional leaders in the nation to join our Principal in Residence 2020-2021 cohort. The Principal in Residence Program is for transformational school leaders who desire to change the educational landscape for thousands of children.
This program is unique in that each PIR (Principal in Residence) becomes part of the core “Lead Team” at their school site, working to support teachers, leaders, students, and families every single day while sharing responsibility for critical school achievement goals. Residents are full time salaried instructional leaders that will receive personalized feedback and coaching throughout their residency in preparation to launch and/or lead their own IDEA school within one to two years.
What We Do
IDEA Public Schools is a nationally recognized PK-12 public charter network with 79 schools serving nearly 45,000 students in Texas, Louisiana, and soon to be Florida.
We're believers and fighters committed to giving children - no matter their socioeconomic background, ethnicity, or neighborhood they reside in - the tools needed to reach their full potential.
Together, we spend our day ensuring that no matter what, our students are in an environment where they will develop good character, be challenged academically, and succeed on their road to and through college.
Who We Are Looking For
PK-12th educational leaders who demonstrate...
- A belief that all students can go to and through college
- At least two years in a role where the majority of your time is focused on instructional leadership of adults (likely a mid-level leadership role in a school, such as assistant principal or dean)
- A strong desire to launch and/or lead a school in one of our new or existing regions
- At least three years of Pre K-12 teaching experience
- Demonstrated instructional leadership experience with proven results
- A receptiveness and hunger for feedback
What We Value
- Hard work - Closing the Achievement Gap requires that everyone gives 100 percent. Every Day.
- Drive - Our goals are ambitious, but we are, too.
- Mission Focus – Together, we know our vision of College for All Children is possible
- Record of Results – holds high expectations for self and others to achieve and surpass intended goals
- Managing Others to Deliver Results -- leads team to achieve measurable and ambitious results
- Instructional Leadership – leads instructional staff to improve their teaching quickly and measurably through observations, coaching, data conversations, and effective evaluations
- Problem Solving – able to synthesize, analyze, and prioritize data and opportunities to develop strategies for achieving quantifiable goals
- Coaching & Developing – develops team through formal and informal methods; makes professional development a top priority
- Communication – effectively conveys information using a variety of channels and techniques
- Continuous Improvement – proactively identifies opportunities to improve and consistently reflects on past actions to guide future decisions
- Exemplary student achievement on internal and external assessments for teachers managed
- Students graduate IDEA and enroll in a four-year college or university
- Students remain enrolled at IDEA until graduation
- Students attend school each day
- Staff members continue to work at IDEA year after year and are satisfied with IDEA as an employer
- Coach and manage a group of teachers and/or school lead team members at placement school
- Achieve student outcomes aligned with 100% college matriculation
- Perform duties as assigned
- Attend PIR trainings, coaching sessions, and school visits
Minimum Qualifications and Experiences:
- Bachelor's degree
- At least three years of successful full-time teaching experience
- At least one year of successful full-time instructional leadership experience (assistant principal, instructional coach, dean, etc.)
- Proven track record of personally achieving success and of leading others
How to Apply
Be sure to attach the following in your application submission:
- Your resume and cover letter
- Two years of student achievement results from teachers and/or leaders you've directly managed with an overview of the results and how you achieved them
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.
Apply on company website