Position at IDEA Public Schools
About IDEA Public Schools:
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years – that's 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve nearly 53,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA will serve 100,000 students. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with continued growth in our current regions and new launches in Houston (2020), Permian Basin (2020), and Tampa Bay (2021)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video.
Austin is a vibrant city filled with a rich cultural heritage and is ranked as the #1 Best Place to Live for the second year in a row by U.S. News and World Report. The city of Austin is the state capital and holds the ranking as the 11th largest city in the United States. Currently, Austin is home to 16 of IDEA's schools and serves nearly 7,800 students at campuses in Austin, Kyle, and Pflugerville.
In a city that is a hub for knowledge, IDEA is working to support the community through education, which is the single most effective anti-poverty strategy we possess as a nation. This is why we focus on AP courses for all students, college acceptance, and matriculation. Only 1 in 8 Austin students graduate college ready. Changing this statistic is part of the promise IDEA makes to current and incoming students. Our goal is to add 16 more schools over the next 4 years, including IDEA's first health professions school, in support of our mission of college for all, positioning us to serve approximately 13,000 students by 2022.
Role Mission: The SIS Regional Coordinator works cooperatively with the Operations Manager and HQ leaders to determine training and development schedules to help staff create long term career plans. The mission for the SIS Regional Coordinator is to ensure the highest standards of data compliance through quarterly audits with 95% success by the end of year. They are tasked with achieving 100% campuses fully staffed and onboarded by July of approaching Academic year, 85% SIS and Registrar retention, 100% of all “training” operating mechanisms are coordinated and managed effectively, and 100% Data Accuracy measured by PEIMS state data submission with regard to the functions he/she owns. The SIS Regional Coordinator will equip staff with the knowledge, practical skills and motivation to carry out work-related tasks.
The Austin SIS Regional Coordinator will also support the Tarrant County (Fort Worth) region.
- Meets (or exceeds) an Average Daily Attendance (ADA) of 97.5%
- Develops and continuously improves student attendance processes
- Improves training sessions on increasing student attendance and compliance
- Provides technical guidance for student attendance
- Collaborates with SIS campus staff and campus leaders to develop strategies to improve ADA
- 85% Retention of SIS Coordinators and Registrars
- Create organizational development strategy for SIS Coordinators and Registrars; oversee its implementation and assess its outcomes.
- Draw an individualized development plan that addresses needs and expectations for campus SIS Coordinators and Registrars
- Responsible for hiring/onboarding/training of their region SIS Coordinators and Registrars
- Coach and develop SIS/Registrar skill sets on best practices and tools to use in the field
- Trains on use of tracking mechanisms to help manage around Campus Operations and SIS goals
- Execute onboarding practices to ensure each new team member is set up for success based on the unique responsibilities of their role
- Ensure that all Campus SIS Conference calls and campus SIS Monthly Meetings are organized and deliver quality training
- Partner with Operations Manager to develop a comprehensive scope and sequence for campus SIS Coordinators and Registrars
- Ensure highest standards of data compliance through quarterly audits with a 95% success rate by EOY
- Improves processes to identify student data errors and holds SIS campus staff accountable for correcting
- Coaches and develops campus staff on processes and strategies to eliminate student data errors
- Serves as a liaison with the SIS Data team to define data accuracy and requirements
- Serves as the process, data and compliance expert for student attendance
- 100% campuses ready by the first day of school
- Leads efforts to ensure 100% of SIS campus team members are hired, on-boarded and trained
- Leads efforts to ensure 100% of teachers take attendance on the first day of school
- Leads efforts to ensure 100% of student enrollment data errors are eliminated by the first day of school
- Leads efforts to ensure 100% of SIS campus staff members report accurate attendance and enrollment
- Excellent Customer Service
- Answering all phone calls and correspondence
- Communicate with school staff, administrators, parents and outside agencies to exchange information, coordinate activities and resolve issues, concerns and questions regarding SIS data and directives
- Internally and with district partners, contribute to a growing culture of analytics to ensure campus, regional, and national staff are working smarter versus harder in identifying root causes behind gaps and meaningful interventions
- We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
- Education: Associate degree required; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience: A minimum of two years in student information systems or similar role with a record of results; Experience in K-12 education
Knowledge and Skills:
- Familiarity with student information systems (PowerSchool, JCampus, DocumentLOK, OnDataSuite and various other state databases) preferred
- Knowledge of K-12 student attendance, enrollment and data state reporting requirements
Travel requirements: 80% within their assigned region(s)
- Salaries for people entering this role typically start between $43,700 and $51,100, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on individual and organizational performance and goal attainment.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.
Apply on company website