We are looking for a Senior Engineer to define and develop new data management, business intelligence and analytics capabilities that provide the business with new insights. In this role, the Senior Engineer will help to manage initiatives in Data, BI and Analytics, supporting existing and planned activities within organization as well as assist in defining standardized
methods to capture and report key metrics and KPI's related to business objectives and initiatives. The position involves engaging with key stakeholders to define and adopt Data Analytics methodologies and standards.
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Research and devise innovative statistical models for data analysis
- Enable smarter business processes—and implement analytics for meaningful insights
- Keep current with technical and industry developments
Skills & Requirements:
- Strong pro-active communication, with great attention to detail. Experience with data querying languages, and statistical or mathematical software.
- Proficient in writing algorithms and knowing when to apply them.
- Excellent understanding of statistics, multi-variable calculus and linear algebra.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced / dynamic team environment and possess time management skills in meeting critical deadlines.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills and interpersonal skills to support interaction with internal customers, team members, and internal management.
- Willingness to participate in after-hour and on-call support.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience
- 5 - 7 years' experience implementing Analytics and Data science solutions
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with building semantic-layer business intelligence solutions including metrics, dashboards and data visualization
- 2+ years-experience with hardcore statistical modeling, predictive modeling and advanced data science skills
- Knowledge of R, SQL and Python a must; familiarity with Scala, Java or C++ is an asset
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Micsrostrategy, Tableau) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop)
- Advanced pattern recognition and predictive modeling experience
- Experience with machine learning toolkits including, H2O, SparkML or Mahout
- Deep knowledge of data mining, machine learning, natural language processing a must (e.g Regression models, Monte Carlo simulation, Random Forest, k-NN, Naïve Bayes, Support Vector Machine, Unsupervised learning etc)
Apply on company website