We are looking for a Senior Engineer to define and develop new data management, business intelligence and analytics capabilities that provide the business with new insights. In this role, the Senior Engineer will help to manage initiatives in Data, BI and Analytics, supporting existing and planned activities within organization as well as assist in defining standardized
methods to capture and report key metrics and KPI's related to business objectives and initiatives. The position involves engaging with key stakeholders to define and adopt Data Analytics methodologies and standards.
- Develops BI/ETL Solutions based on inputs from lead engineer.
- Solid understanding of Relational, Non Relational and Dimensional Modeling
- Efficient developer in SQL
- Builds data loading services for the purpose of importing data from numerous disparate data sources, inclusive of APIs, logs, relational, and non-relational database, Structured and Unstructured
- Experience with source control systems and issue tracking (GiHub, Jira, Slack, etc.)
- Oversees, designs, and develops algorithms for real-time data processing
- Creates the frameworks that enable quick and efficient data acquisition
- Ensure data quality and integrity
- Implement and maintain ETL/Reporting standards
- Assist in evaluating and selecting the best technologies and tools.
Skills & Requirements:
- Strong pro-active communication, with great attention to detail.
- Programming experience, ideally in Python, Spark, Kafka or Java, and a willingness to learn new programming languages to meet goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of data cleaning, wrangling, visualization and reporting, with an understanding of the best, most efficient use of associated tools and applications to complete these tasks
- Ability to assist in the timely delivery of high-quality software releases.
- Advanced skills in relational and non-relational database management systems and SQL coding.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced / dynamic team environment and possess time management skills in meeting critical deadlines.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills and interpersonal skills to support interaction with internal customers, team members, and internal management.
- Willingness to participate in after-hour and on-call support.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience
- 5 - 7 years' experience implementing ETL for Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence Solution
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with building semantic-layer business intelligence solutions including metrics, dashboards and data visualization
- 2+ years-experience with ETL/ELT on AWS environment.
- Experience in Data warehouse, Redshift, Hadoop, lambda, Informatica BDM and Microservices
- Experience with machine learning toolkits including, H2O, SparkML or Mahout
- Experience in MapReduce is a plus.
- Deep knowledge of data mining, machine learning, natural language processing, or information retrieval.
Apply on company website