Join the hospital trusted by Chicago's Southland, Ingalls Memorial Hospital, in this role as a Behavioral Health Registered Nurse (RN) with the Behavioral Health department.
With the leadership of the Director and the Clinical Supervisor, performs assigned supportive work in connection with the delivery of patient care, including functional tasks and skills. Utilizes interactive processes which will exceed the expectation of patients, physicians, families or significant others, provides high quality, cost effective care and treatment. Demonstrates necessary skills and knowledge to provide care for patients according to unit specific competencies as appropriate to the age of the patients served, as delineated in the Center's Scope of Care.
Knows, follows and actively supports the philosophy, mission and Vision of Ingalls Hospital. Adheres to all hospital policies, procedures and standards of care. Observes and adheres to all corporate compliance requirements and communicates issues as they arise with the appropriate parties as identified in the Corporate Compliance Plan.
Works in partnership with other Patient Care Team members; pro-actively assists physicians and identifies and provides for individual patient and family needs.
- Must hold a current Illinois RN License
- Must hold a current BLS License
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing with a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) is required.
- Must have good knowledge of the principles and practice of psychiatric and addiction treatment
- Completes annual department competency checklist
- Facilitates assigned groups in ways which encourage and require maximum patient participation and interaction, appropriate to functional level of group members.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills when dealing with patients,families, physicians, and co-workers; ability to function in an extended team environment and
ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior experience working with patients with addiction issues.
- Previous Behavioral Health or related experience providing care to patients within at least the last five years.
- Job Type/FTE: Part Time
- Shift: Evening
- Unit/Department: Behavioral Health
- CBA Code: Non Union
Apply on company website