Bring Your Passion to the Forefront:
Behavioral Health Technician - Part Time- Nights- Harvey
Behavioral Health Technician Position Summary:
With the leadership of the Director and the Clinical Supervisor, performs assigned supportive work in connection with the delivery of patient care, including functional tasks and skills. Utilizes interactive processes which will exceed the expectation of patients, physicians, families or significant others, provides high quality, cost effective care and treatment. Demonstrates necessary skills and knowledge to provide care for patients according to unit specific competencies as appropriate to the age of the patients served, as delineated in the Center's Scope of Care.
Knows, follows and actively supports the philosophy, mission and Vision of Ingalls Hospital. Adheres to all hospital policies, procedures and standards of care. Observes and adheres to all corporate compliance requirements and communicates issues as they arise with the appropriate parties as identified in the Corporate Compliance Plan.
Works in partnership with other Patient Care Team members; pro-actively assists physicians and identifies and provides for individual patient and family needs.
Behavioral Health Technician Education/Experience:
- High School diploma with 2 years' experience.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- CPR certified required.
- CPI, or obtained within 60 days from date of hire.
- Facilitates assigned groups in ways which encourage and require maximum patient participation and interaction, appropriate to functional level of group members.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills when dealing with patients,
families, physicians, and co-workers; ability to function in an extended team environment and
ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior experience working with patients with addiction issues.
Behavioral Health Technician Required Skills:
- CPI certification required upon hire or within 60 days of hire.
- Annual CPI
- Current CPR
- Must have good knowledge of the principles and practice of psychiatric and addiction treatment
Completes annual department competency checklist
Apply on company website