Join the hospital trusted by Chicago's Southland, Ingalls Memorial Hospital, in this role as a Care Coordinator with the Comprehensive Rehab department.
The Care Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the care and discharge planning for patients within the Center for Rehabilitative Medicine Unit (ICRM). This includes, but would not be limited to the following roles and responsibilities: case management, coordination of discharge planning to ensure patients and their families have access to appropriate community resources, individual and group support to patients and their families as they are adjusting to their illness or disability. They are required to be an active participant of the interdisciplinary team, consistently in close communication with physicians, nursing, therapy, admitting, leadership.
Care Coordinator Essential Job Functions
Conduct and document an initial patient/family assessment on every inpatient to determine psycho-social needs, barriers to success in program and discharge plans within time frame established by department.
Actively participate as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team Conference, leading discussions on patient plan of care, including barriers, discharge planning and impact of insurance.
Document care coordinator section and team conference discussion in team conference note and ensure it is completed in EMR.
Initiate and maintain consistent communication with patient and designated contact, starting at admission through discharge.
Communication with patient/family required at a minimum at admission, following initial and subsequent team conference and for family instruction.
Promptly communicate any changes in plan of care or discharge destination and any relevant information related to payor/insurance. All communication with patient/designated contact to be documented in EMR.
Proactively communicate with interdisciplinary team including, but not limited to, physicians, nursing, therapy, admitting, and ancillary departments regarding plan of care, changes in patient condition or treatment, barriers/delays to discharge, insurance.
Must be proficient in communicating verbally, in person or via telephone or in writing, including using email communications.
Assist patient in obtaining resources from community, social, health and welfare agencies to meet the rehabilitative and discharge needs of the patient.
Document all resource information and discharge plans in EMR.
Obtain necessary referrals/authorizations for ongoing rehabilitation stay and discharge resources.
Document all authorization information in EMR.
Schedule, lead and document family instruction sessions.
Identify and resolve interpersonal conflicts constructively when dealing with patients, families, members of the interdisciplinary team.
Attendance at all mandatory departmental and hospital in-services.
Perform other duties assigned.
Bachelor's degree in a human service field including Sociology, Rehabilitation Counseling, or Psychology
Minimum of one year of supervised social work experience in a health care setting working directly with individuals
- Strong customer service orientation
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of regulations concerning Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security Benefits, County Welfare Programs and federally funded programs designed to fit the needs of disabled and elderly
- Demonstration of interpersonal skills which promote communication with patients, families, physicians, nursing staff, therapists and other health care professionals
- Awareness of community and/or governmental agencies available to meet the patient/family needs
- Must have good knowledge of social work issues and trends; must be competent in social work theory and practice
- Computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets and proficiency with navigating EMR
- Degree in Social Work
- Experience in a rehabilitation setting, including discharge planning and care
- Current Clinical Social Worker Licensure State of Illinois Department of Professional Regulation
- Job Type/FTE: Full-time (1.0) ; 8-hour shifts
- Shift: Days
- Unit/Department: Comprehensive Rehab
Apply on company website