Be a part of a world-class academic healthcare system at UChicago Medicine, Ingalls Memorial Hospital as a Surgical Technician/Endoscopy Technician at our Harvey, Illinois location. In this role, you will be primarily responsible for maintaining the sterile field, while being constantly vigilant that all team members adhere to aseptic technique and sterile.
Under the supervision of the Supervisor and Director, Surgical Services, and direction of the registered nurse, participates in the intraoperative care of a patient in Surgery. Knows, follows, and actively supports the philosophy, mission, and Vision of Ingalls Hospital. Observes and adheres to all corporate compliance requirements and communicates issues as they arise to the appropriate parties as identified in the Corporate Compliance Plan.
Essential Job Functions
- Compassionately gives personal patient care to provided comfort and well-being to the surgical patient.
- Anticipate the needs of surgeons, passing instruments and providing sterile items in an efficient manner.
- ST performs as assistant by holding instruments as directed by the physician.
- The ST prepares the procedure room while checking non-sterile equipment to ensure that it is in proper working order.
- ST participates in positioning of patients for procedure.
- Post-op responsibilities include cleaning of the procedure room removal of all contaminated instruments, linen, and garbage. Disposal of all blood and body fluids utilizing the Biohazard process.
- Provides equipment and supplies based on patient/procedure needs.
- Adherence to Infection Control Principle.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Completion of Surgical Technologist Program
- Certification as a CST from the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting
- Minimum of 1-year experience as a CST in an acute care hospital
- GI Tech experience
- Job Type/FTE: Full-time (1.0 FTE)
- Shift: Rotating
- Unit/Department: Endoscopy
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Apply on company website