Bring Your Passion to the Forefront:
Medical Technologist – Blood Bank/Generalist - Full-Time - Nights
*Will consider Medical Technologist (MT), Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT), and MLS (Medical Laboratory Scientist) or CLS certifications*
*Will also consider Associates Degree with equivalent experience*
Join the hospital trusted by Chicago's Southland, Ingalls Memorial Hospital, in this role as a Medical Technologist.
Under direct supervision of the Lab Supervisor, the Medical Technologist performs high complexity testing, obtains, processes, analyzes and reports patient test results. Must have working knowledge of medical laboratory technical procedures, concepts, and applications normally attained through successful completion of a baccalaureate degree with specific training in medical technology and/or successful challenge of an accredited proficiency examination.
Medical Technologist Job Description
- Performs and interprets quality control and implements corrective action.
- Performs basic equipment maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Provides technical assistance to customers when appropriate.
- Pursues continuing education opportunities.
- Total responsibility is defined by levels of competence, experience and participation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
New Hires must demonstrate all competencies during probation.
Medical Technologist Competencies:
- Lab Safety Test
- Department Specific Competencies
- Healthstream Education Requirements
Medical Technologist Required Qualifications
- B.S. in biological science and successful completion of a NAACLS accredited Medical Technology program plus successful challenge of an accredited proficiency examination.
- Alternate: B.S. degree from an accredited college or university in one of the chemical, physical or biological sciences with a total of 32 semester hours including 16 semester hours in chemistry and 16 semester hours in biology and successful challenge of an accredited proficiency examination.
- Will also consider Associates Degree with equivalent experience
- MT (ASCP) MT eligible or equivalent required.
Why Join Us:
For nearly a century Ingalls Memorial has pioneered sophisticated clinical care and developed the area's most convenient network of comprehensive outpatient centers, all dedicated to improve the health and wellbeing of the community. Now, partnered with UChicago Medicine, we have expanded our network of expert physicians, convenient facilities and scope of service to speed your healing process and help navigate your path to wellness. A skilled Medical Staff and talented employees dedicated to prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of illness and injury provide a firm foundation for our reputation for quality. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, UChicago Medicine Ingalls Memorial is for you. Here at Ingalls, we're doing work that really matters. Join us!
Apply on company website