Bring Your Passion to the Forefront:
Registered Respiratory Therapist - PRN/Registry (12 Hour Shifts)
Join the hospital trusted by Chicago's Southland, Ingalls Memorial Hospital, in this role as a Registered Respiratory Therapist.
The Respiratory Therapist is responsible for the coordination of and performing direct respiratory care for patients, utilizing concepts of respiratory care practices for all patient age groups of neonatal through adult as specified by respiratory care policy and procedures. They will serve as resource, preceptor and mentor for other health care professionals.
The Respiratory Therapist works with physicians/nursing to access, implement and perform respiratory care procedures for our patients. Demonstrates skills and knowledge necessary to provide respiratory care procedures. Responsible for and monitors the quality of patient care and patient satisfaction.
Respiratory Therapist Education and Experience Requirements:
- Completion of a 2 year AMA approved RRT program
- Registered Respiratory Therapist in the state if Illinois
- Active BLS/CPR
- Perform necessary procedures with non-invasive methods such as CPAP and BIPAP therapies
- Create therapy programs for patients based on the specific instructions of Physicians
- Engage in diagnostic evaluation, treatment and control of deficiencies and abnormal functions found in the patient's cardiopulmonary system
- Collaborate with nursing staff to administer blood gas samples and perform basic analysis
Apply on company website