The GI PA will provide inpatient support to the gastroenterology service and work directly with the gastroenterology service.
- Graduate of an accredited PA program
- Board certified (NCCPA certification)
- Virginia License
- Works to provide acute care gastroenterology services.
- Writes/ dictates history and physical notes, consult, and daily notes.
- Prescribes/ orders medications, therapies, diet, orders and interprets laboratory and imaging studies as well as procedures consistent with clinical privileges.
- Performs patient counseling/ comprehensive teaching, consenting, and preparation for GI procedures to be performed in the inpatient setting.
- Performs procedures as trained and delineated in DOP/ privileges.
- Ensure key quality metrics are optimized.
- Maintains Virginia License, DEA, and board certification as appropriate for NP and PA.
- Maintains BLS.
- Participates in quality improvement projects as assigned.
- Accurate and complete billing for services provided.
Apply on company website