Requisition Number: 75455
Insight Enterprise is seeking a Data Protection and Backup SME with Storage experience for a challenging and exciting role in Norwalk, CT with a prestigious team. This individual will be responsible for the deployment and day to day oversight of the backup infrastructure to meet the day to day operational goals of the group, as well, as expanding and enhancing the technical capabilities and service offerings.
What you’ll do:
- Maintaining an understanding of deployed solutions, potential issues, requirements, and service gaps .
- Assuring solutions are aligned with business objectives for resiliency, disaster recovery, and regulatory compliance
- Creating standard operational procedures and knowledge base for the solutions
- Managing standard service requests within SLA’s
- Provide coverage for incidents and troubleshooting of problems
- Testing and implementing upgrades
- Assessing current operational processes and technology
- Learning new processes, policies, procedures and technologies
- Enhancing service capability through optimization and expansion
- Participating in strategic planning and working closely with the Engineering team to implement and continuously improve storage services
- Establishing and maintaining vendor relationships with leading technology and solution providers
What you need to join:
- At least 5 years of experience in relevant technologies, including experience managing enterprise storage environments
- Experience with technologies such as disk-based backup, replication, FCoE, flash-based storage, and clustered file systems is desired
- Experience and Knowledge of NetBackup 7.x and 8.x
- Experience with NetBackup Appliances
- Strong experience backing up from NetApp\Storage\NAS
- Knowledge of Data Domain and NBU Standard Client\Agent (install\upgrades\updates\patching)
- Experience with VMWare policy based backups of VMs.
- Open to giving and receiving direct feedback in an environment where people are encouraged to challenge peers and management of all levels
- Communicate in a positive upbeat manner both verbally and in writing
- Familiarity with cloud and hybrid cloud technologies is a plus
- Experience supporting technology in a large scale enterprise environment
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here.
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 6,800 employees help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover more at insight.com.
- Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona
- 7,400+ teammates in 19 countries providing Intelligent Technology Solutions for organizations across the globe
- $7.1 billion in revenue in 2018
- Ranked #417 on the 2018 Fortune 500, #12 on the 2018 CRN Solution Provider 500
- 2018 Dell EMC Server Partner of the Year, 2018 Intel Retail Solution Partner of the Year, 2018 Microsoft Worldwide Artificial Intelligence Partner of the Year
- Ranked #23 on the 2019 Fortune 50 Best Workplaces in Technology and #5 on the Phoenix Business Journal 2018 list of Best Places to Work (Extra Large Business)
- Signatory of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and Affiliate Member of the Responsible Business Alliance
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at Insight: jobs.insight.com.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Norwalk || Connecticut (US-CT) || United States (US) || None || None || US - Stamford, CT ||
Apply on company website