Requisition Number: 75512
Title: Linux Administrator
Job Location: Chicago, IL Onsite
Duration: 3 – 6 months
Summary: Our client is seeking a Linux Administrator to help lead their DataCenter consolidation and move.
The overall objectives of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Management and Support of the Linux environment both on-premise and in AWS.
- Travel to the new Data Center Co-Location facility.
Candidate must have:
- At least 5 years of Linux Administration experience.
- Experience with the build, configuration, administration and management of REL 5.x or higher, CentOS 6.x or higher.
- Experience and familiarity with the build, configuration, administration and management of Linux Servers in AWS.
- Possess a strong understanding of Data Center Infrastructure, including technology interactions and dependencies.
- Possess a good understanding of AWS VPCs and co-existance\interaction between on-premise and AWS environments.
- Be a strong team player
- Show flexibility under changing conditions
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with a geographically dispersed team
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
Nice to have:
- Experience managing Data center migrations, moves or upgrades is a plus.
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here.
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 6,800 employees help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover more at insight.com.
- Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona
- 7,400+ teammates in 19 countries providing Intelligent Technology Solutions for organizations across the globe
- $7.1 billion in revenue in 2018
- Ranked #417 on the 2018 Fortune 500, #12 on the 2018 CRN Solution Provider 500
- 2018 Dell EMC Server Partner of the Year, 2018 Intel Retail Solution Partner of the Year, 2018 Microsoft Worldwide Artificial Intelligence Partner of the Year
- Ranked #23 on the 2019 Fortune 50 Best Workplaces in Technology and #5 on the Phoenix Business Journal 2018 list of Best Places to Work (Extra Large Business)
- Signatory of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and Affiliate Member of the Responsible Business Alliance
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at Insight: jobs.insight.com.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Chicago || Illinois (US-IL) || United States (US) || None || None || US - Chicago, IL ||
Apply on company website