Requisition Number: 72523
Join Insight’s award-winning Digital Innovation team as a Senior Database Developer and lead the development of next generation solutions! With experience in modern data architectures leveraging the cloud, you will hit the ground running. On our full-time team, you will work closely with an outstanding team of engineers, architects, and thought leaders to design, build, and implement solutions utilizing the most cutting-edge technology in cloud enablement, machine learning, artificial intelligence, big data, and IoT.
This is a full-time position with great benefits like flexible vacation, 401k matching, training resources, growth opportunities, and a quarterly bonus program. At Insight, you’ll be inspired to grow and prosper in a supportive environment where you can be creative, develop professionally, and stay on the forefront of technology.
Ready to take your career to the next level?
What our Database Developers Do
- Build innovative, enterprise-grade data solutions to challenging business problems leveraging the cloud and advanced analytics (such as machine learning and artificial intelligence)
- Lead discussions with client leadership and perform architectural assessments of the client's Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW)
- Advise clients on sustainable and optimal database models, database management, and integration; partner with data scientists to incorporate machine learning and AI into solutions where advantageous
- Architect and build both cloud & hybrid data and analytics solutions using Microsoft SQL and Azure/AWS platforms
- Mentor team members in design and development of complex data warehouse implementations
- Work with the sales team to create and deliver client proposals and demonstrations
- Present to client, industry, and internal peer groups
- Aggressively grow your skillset and expertise to meet the emerging needs
What We Look For
- Practical, hands-on knowledge of modern data architectures and tools such as data warehousing, data migrations, ETL/ELT, advanced analytics, and the Azure cloud platform
- 8+ years of experience working with data and data analytics development with an excellent grasp of some of following technologies: SQL Server, Azure SQL Database and/or Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Analysis Services, ETL and Integration Services, reporting and visualization tools
- 3 years of experience in some of the following:
- Big Data technologies such as Teradata, Netezza, Hadoop or HDInsight, Hive, Pig, Python, Spark, Oozie, or any of the other tools with the Hadoop ecosystem
- Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure HDInsight with Spark, Azure Databricks
- Predictive analytics: R, Machine Learning, Cortana Intelligence Suite, AI, data science principles
- Successful background as an architect and/or technical lead on an Enterprise Data Warehouse, Big Data, or EIM team
- Eagerness to learn new tools and technologies and passion to deliver quality solutions both individually and as part of a team
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
What can Insight offer?
- Cutting-edge Projects
- Collaboration with Highly Regarded Teammates
- Training and Career Advancement Opportunities
- Local, Full-Time Team with Global Impact
- Flexible Vacation
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
…and tons of other great perks!
At Insight Enterprises, Inc. we empower organizations to run smarter by defining, architecting, implementing, and managing Intelligent Technology Solutions ™. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our teammates help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter.
- Global provider of Intelligent Technology Solutions™ for organizations of all sizes
- Microsoft Global Partner of the Year for AI, IoT, Open Source Solutions, Mobile Apps, & Modern Desktop; Microsoft US Partner of the Year for DevOps
- Fortune Top 100 Best Companies for Diversity
- Fortune Top 50 Best Workplaces in Technology
- Winner of several “Best Places to Work” awards
- 30+ years in business, 8,000+ teammates worldwide, and $6.7 billion in revenue in 2017
Our success begins with our people making meaningful connections every day. Insight is looking for great people who embrace our values and will lead tomorrow's success.
Discover more at insight.com…or just APPLY!
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website