Job Code: 5003
The CT Technologist is responsible for all CT exams including imaging, interventional and computerized reconstruction. He/she operates the computed tomography equipment and performs a variety of technical procedures. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The CT Technologist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Positions and transfers patients in a timely manner maintaining at all times the safety of the patients and their physical requirements
* Develops film by automatic processing utilizing a knowledge of this equipment
* Utilizes surgical techniques as needed in performing sterile procedures
* Assists in equipment calibration and quality control performing each test in a timely manner
* Administers radiographic contrast according to the request of the physician and the departmental policy and procedure manual
* Evaluates when radiologist should be consulted on the administration of contrast media
* Completes initial IV set-up prep for IV insertion for CT Scan including: IV Prep, IV Insertion, and IV positioning to secure utilization for proper aseptic technique
The CT Technologist reports to the CT Lead Technologist and/or Radiology Manager / Director.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): Yes
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Exposure to moveable tables and film bins, needles, chemical fumes from processors while developing radiographs, radiation, patients with contagious diseases, and electrical equipment. Occasional exposure to odors, blood, chemical irritation, a variety of constant interruptions, and inclement weather and traffic conditions during call backs; may work erratic hours and overtime.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* Current certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
* Computed Tomography certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists required within 12 months of hire.
* Current CPR certification required within 90 days of hire.
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English (Verbal/Written).
Apply on company website