Jim Thorpe Rehabilitation at Comanche County Memorial Hospital in Lawton, Oklahoma is looking for a Director of Rehabilitation. INTEGRIS offers a generous total rewards package including paid time off, retirement benefits, medical dental and vision insurance.
Director Rehab Comanche
Job Code: 3649
The Director Rehab at Comanche County Memorial Hospital (CCMH) is responsible for management, development, direction and financial outcomes of the CCMH Jim Thorpe Rehabilitation Unit, outpatient rehabilitation programs, acute physical medicine program, and therapy services in the SNF's. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
The Director Rehab responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Ensures contractual agreement between IJTRH and CCMH is upheld
* Ensures safe operations of patient care areas
* Contacts, confers and negotiates with members of the medical staff as it relates to the short and long term planning of comprehensive rehabilitation services
* Provides daily clinical operational support and assistance in conjunction with physician, pre-admission, screening and admission personnel in the coordination of patient care related to pre-authorization and continued authorization of patient stays and bed assignment
* Establishes and maintains relationships with referral sources, third-party payers and external providers/vendors. Includes collaborating with case management departments and payer and provider services within the system to ensure a continuum of care for patients
* Investigates any extraordinary patient, family, employee, or physician complaints, and communicates results of follow-up as necessary
* Ensures department staff are managed effectively, including hiring, scheduling, training, evaluating performance and competency, and conducting disciplinary/counseling sessions as needed.
* Responsible for developing department budgets, fiscal accountability and achieving financial goals/results.
* Ensures that all regulatory agency standards, pertaining to specific disciplines are being met, i.e., JCAHO, CARF, licensure, CMS.
* Ensures program and service effectiveness, and customer satisfaction for all services
Reports to assigned leader
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Moderate exposure to hazardous risks, including potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, electrical equipment, chemicals. Must follow universal safety precautions. Exposed to constant interruptions, noise, disagreeable odors, and assorted chemicals.
* Requires a Bachelors degree from an accredited school of Therapy; or a Masters degree in business administration or public health
* Licensure by the Oklahoma State Board as a Registered Therapist preferred
* 5 years of direct clinical experience preferred
* 3 years management or supervisor experience preferred
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English (verbal/written)
Apply on company website