Mental Health Worker
Job Code: 2322
The Mental Health Worker participates as a member of the treatment team under the direction of the RN or Program Manager. Responsibilities include actively supporting the philosophy and structure of the milieu through management and supervision of the patients in a manner that is age and developmentally appropriate. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Does not apply to SMC ED:
Responsibilities include actively supporting the philosophy and structure of the milieu through management and supervision of the patients in a manner that is age and developmentally appropriate
The Mental Health Worker responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Acts as a primary caregiver to assigned patients, including assisting patients with daily living skills as needed
* Spends individual time with each assigned patient on a daily basis helping patients attain treatment goals
* Documents patient information for assigned patients
* Utilizes accepted intervention, under the direction of the RN, Director Clinical Services, or Administrator in dealing with problematic patient behaviors
(i.e., therapeutic holds).
* Makes patient rounds as prescribed by unit policy and/or patient needs
* Provides discharge planning in collaboration with therapist and completes discharge summary documentation
* Assists in preparation of treatment plans with therapist
* Rides/drives van when assigned, and monitors patient behavior to ensure physical and emotional safety.
* Displays leadership abilities
* Teaches staff Mental Health Workers proper milieu management techniques
* Role models milieu management techniques for staff
Reports to the Manager with general supervision from the RN on shift.
For SMC ED only:
Reports to the Registered Nurse and/or Clinical Director.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
Mental Health staff must be able to assist with physical restraint of patients, utilizing the identified Behavior Management Technique System.
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Moderate exposure to hazardous risks, including potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, electrical equipment, chemicals, such as alcohol, betadine, cudex, STAT 3, Clorox, Medi-Sol, hexacloraphene, cidex, etc. and needle sticks. Potential for bodily injury related to lifting and incidents of workplace violence. Must follow universal safety precautions. Exposed to constant interruptions, noise, disagreeable odors, and assorted chemicals. May float to other units. May need to withstand outside temperatures for extended periods. Contact with children and adolescents who may exhibit physical, behavioral outbursts related to a mental health condition.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* Bachelors degree related to social sciences or human relations field or 5 years of previous Mental Health work experience
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English (verbal/written)
INTEGRIS Mental Health:
* This job prefers, if needed, the incumbents to operate a INTEGRIS-owned vehicle OR personal vehicle (non INTEGRIS-owned) and have a current Oklahoma State Drivers License as well as a driving record which is acceptable to our insurance carrier.
Apply on company website