Job Code: 2339
The Nurse Tech performs basic patient care under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, including specialized tasks and procedures involving the physical, psychosocial, safety, and security needs of the patient. This position may be assigned to the I-Flex Resource Pool and must follow the I-Flex guidelines. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
The Nurse Tech responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Performs personal patient care tasks, such as mouth care, making beds, giving baths, perineal care, hair care, shaving patients, giving backrubs, and emptying bedpans or urinals
* Assist with patient safety issues such as presence of identification arm band, adherence to patient fall protocol and use of restraints, positioning of patient, promotion of an environment for rest and sleep, reporting of incidents/injury occurrences
* Performs treatments, which may include urinary catheter care, enema administration, preparation of sitz baths, applying compresses, and assisting with patient ambulation
* Conducts and documents basic diagnostic testing which includes but is not limited to, obtaining vital signs; blood glucose monitoring; 12-Lead EKG; telemetry monitor and pulse oximetry and Doppler
* Performs select sterile procedures that include specimen collection, wound care, tracheostomy care and suction, urinary catheterization, and tube feedings
* Note: Nurse Techs may not administer medications, nor may they independently assess patients. Please refer to the Oklahoma Board of Nursing statements on Guidelines for Individuals Enrolled in or Graduates of Nursing Education Programs, and OBN Policy on Delegation of Nursing Functions to Unlicensed Persons.
* May retrieve and transport medications
The Nurse Tech reports to the assigned Clinical leader
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): Yes
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, electrical equipment, chemicals. Must follow standard precautions.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* Must be currently enrolled and attending an eligible state accredited Registered Nursing (RN) program
* Current BLS certification or completion within 90 days of hire
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English
* Nurse Tech position must adhere to the Nurse Tech Program guidelines
Nurse Tech position may be assigned to the I-Flex Resource Pool or work within a clinical unit
Apply on company website