Current license to practice in Oklahoma as a LCSW is required.
This position will work at our INTEGRIS Family Care Edmond East location.
PC Behavioral Hlth Consultant
Job Code: 1136
As part of the primary care team, the Primary Care Behavioral Health Consultant identifies triages and manages primary care patients with medical and behavioral health problems. The Provider will utilize skill training through psycho-education and patient education strategies to develop patient self-management, population health programs, and will develop specific behavioral change plans for patients using brief evidence based treatment interventions.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Primary Care Behavioral Health Consultant responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Works with primary care team to treat and manage patients with emotional and/or chronic physical health problems efficiently and effectively.
* Assist in the detection of at risk patients and prevents further psychological or physical deterioration.
* Uses brief assessment tools with patients to assist with identifying concerns, triaging, and outcome measures.
* Develops interventions and sets goals for behavioral modification.
* Operates within the provider care team, evaluated patient care plans with primary care team.
* Connects with new and established patients regarding integrated care model and care team information.
* Assist in preventing relapse or morbidity in conditions that tend to recur over time.
* Teaches patients, families and care team, prevention and treatment utilizing motivational interviewing and teach back techniques.
* Accurately records patient's history, exam notes, medication history, on-going care in medical record, refers patients for ongoing mental health treatments as needed.
* Consultation with PCPs to enhance understanding of patient, provide decision support for treatment planning and assist in the implementation and monitoring of biopsychosocial treatment plans.
Reports to the assigned Director.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Sedentary (exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, electrical equipment, chemicals. Must follow standard precautions.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English
* Requires a master's degree (MSW) in social work from accredited graduate school of social work.
* Current license to practice in Oklahoma as a LCSW.
* Previous professional experience is preferred.
* Behavioral health experience is preferred.
* Experience in a medical setting is preferred.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with primary care staff, patients and other behavioral health clinicians.
Apply on company website