Your role in helping us shape the future:
As a primary member of the FP&A team, the Principal Financial Analyst, Pricing will serve as a liaison between Business Development, Engineering, and the Finance organization, analyzing, reporting, and interpreting financial data to assist with informed decision making. Partner with leaders and peers from multiple internal groups to investigate the underlying drivers for the company's performance and interact with management on a regular basis to deliver financial updates and develop budgets and forecasts. Drive the enhancement of financial tools and processes to enhance operating performance and maintain an efficient process to analyze and report on various trends. Access data from a variety of systems and present accurate, meaningful, and relevant information to diverse audiences.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Responsible for development of financial forecasts and pricing models across multiple functional areas and in support of one or more business units on a monthly basis, working directly with senior leaders to make adjustments based on new information or changes to the business, as well as summarizing and defending forecasts given actual trends and expected initiative targets.
- Responsible for developing complex pricing models and forecasts to include cost / price analysis, capital expense (CAPEX) planning and modeling, product leasing modeling, cashflow, and margin analysis.
- Contribute to the development of Business Cases for new product lines to include return on investment (ROI), cost, profit and volume modeling, and risk mitigation strategies.
- Contribute to the annual operating plan, responsible for data and trend aggregation, maintenance of critical financial models and accuracy of performance projections. Develop, maintain, and own critical planning models.
- Deliver key information and analyses to support the development of revenue/AEBITDA outlooks, business operations reviews, and the monthly financial review.
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) for pricing and analysis and establish working relationships with select functional teams across the company (e.g., Business Development, Program Management, Engineering) to develop and deliver accurate and reliable models and outlooks.
- Support the initiative to establish P&L views of products and business units with meaningful comparisons to business cases and/or budgets to facilitate meaningful discussion of product profitability and viability.
- Initiate, facilitate and/or support various business initiatives, as needed.
- Address ad hoc requests for data and analysis requirements
- Support external reporting of quarterly financial results to investors and Board of Directors, as needed.
- Contribute to the effort to streamline and automate monthly processes; leverage new tool(s) as appropriate.
You should definitely have:
- Bachelors' degree in finance, accounting, or related field.
- At least five (5) to seven (7) years of relevant experience, including a background in planning and/or financial modeling.
- Proficiency with the MS Office Suite of Tools, including demonstrated advanced MS Excel skills (modeling, pivot tables, formulas, formatting, graphs.)
- Excellent analytical skills; ability to analyze operational data and validate accuracy of modeling outputs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required, including the ability to convey financial meaning and implications of reported data in succinct terms.
- Excellent organizational skills required, including the ability to manage priorities and complete multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be able to work cross-functionally to analyze reporting requirements and develop an efficient process to meet them.
- Must be able to work autonomously, i.e. recognize what needs to be done and do it with limited guidance from management.
- Hands-on experience with business intelligence, database and/or visualization tools.
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite and inflight connectivity landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including DTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Flexible work arrangements including hybrid work policy of 3 days per week in-office
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
Other Job Info:
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
Job requires ability to lift up to 20 lbs
Apply on company website