Your role in helping us shape the future:
As a leading contributor, the Principal Sales Engineer is responsible for providing engineering analyses and support to the Intelsat Global Government business unit for the delivery, sales, and solution development activities. You will create and facilitate winning technical solutions to meet demanding customer requirements. This role will work cross-functionally to design and develop Intelsat and other satellite end-to-end solutions, including the satellite link parameters. In collaboration with teleport and terrestrial facilities, you will provide expert technical support to Sales, Business Development, and Marketing in order to drive revenue generating services. As an ambassador of Intelsat, this position will serve as a liaison across all levels of the company and be able to clearly articulate the Intelsat position to both internal and external audiences.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Fully engineer all aspects of a high-quality technical solution including: network design, network sizing, equipment specifications, and transmission analyses (link budgets)
- Collaborate directly with customers, end users, Sales, and Solutions Development in the preparation of technical solutions (satellite & end-to-end) and Information Assurance checklists to ensure satisfactory link & terrestrial performance and compliance for new technologies
- Provide analyses and solutions for customer network problems based on up-to-date expertise in satellite communication networks, computer hardware, and software applications
- Identify, develop, optimize, coordinate, and assist in the implementation and management of satellite capacity
- Design and optimize satellite link parameters associated with ground network/terrestrial facilities
- Coordinate with Program Management and third-party/external program vendors and/or contractors to support the shipping, integration, installation and testing of equipment and service
- Lead the development of technical presentation materials for the Sales team and for direct customer engagements, in support of proposals and work orders
- Collaborate with internal and external groups as necessary to provide expert technical support to the Network Operations Center (NOC) and Program Management to resolve service delivery issues or outages
- Investigate and propose equipment or system enhancements to improve reliability, increase efficiency, simplify operation, or reduce overall operating and/or maintenance cost
- Represent the department at all times, as a technical Subject Matter Expert(SME)
- Provide recommendations on process improvement, industry best practice and service efficiency.
You should definitely have:
- A Bachelors' Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline
- A minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience
- Expert knowledge of the key technical aspects of satellite services including: transmission analysis, communications payloads for communications satellites, transmission impairments and mitigation strategies, earth station equipment, digital modulation techniques and software analysis systems and tools used to support transmission analysis and network sizing
- A demonstrated understanding of military type satellite communication services; i.e., COTM, to UAS and Manned ISR services
- Good knowledge of computer and satellite/WAN network hardware and systems required, including modems (Comtech/Vipersat, IDirect), routers, switches, fire walls, VPN concentrators and IP addressing
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to coordinate between multiple teams
- Excellent customer focus and to be able to establish rapport and good relationships
- Ability to meet with the customer face-to-face on short notice in support of special efforts and “surge" requirements
- Ability to analyze complex situations and utilize problem solving abilities under pressure
- Ability to manage deliverables with teams in different countries, across different cultures
- Strong ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers are required
- Proven track record of team leadership or management
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical and communication skills
- The ability to travel
It would be nice if you had:
- It would be desirable for the candidate to have UK or NATO Baseline Security Clearance.
- Prior knowledge or work experience is highly desired in the maintenance, troubleshooting, repair or installation of commercial or military satellite earth station or VSAT terminals (C, Ku or X-band) and related equipment
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite and inflight connectivity landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including Discretionary Time Off (DTO), medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Flexible work arrangements with the possibility to work up to two days remotely
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture.
Other Job Info
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
Apply on company website