Your role in helping us shape the future:
Acquisition is a vital function that is crucial to the success of our organization. Supply Chain Business Partners are responsible for supporting all aspects of various strategic acquisition initiatives that include RFP development, Purchase Order issuance, supplier management and agreement negotiation in support of IT & Network and Software Engineering, Corporate Support Services, Teleport Operations, and Business Platform Areas such Media, Mobility and Networks Information Technology.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) and establish working relationships with internal teams across the company to deliver acquisition support to include; establishing RFP requirements, evaluating suppliers, cost strategies, and agreement negotiation
- Must have experience in corporate level acquisition; able to develop data analysis, agreement summaries and presentation materials for review by key business owners
- Selection and management of suppliers with a focus on Total Cost of Ownership (TCO); leverage spend and identify cost reduction opportunities
- Mitigate risk and exposures through audit and control processes, support internal and external audit requirements
- Perform regular cadence of strategic vendor management activities, supplier accountability, and agreement/relationship monitoring (including, but not limited to, quarterly business reviews, risk assessment, and vendor evaluation).
- Provide support on special projects; collaborate, communicate and partner with peers to standardize processes and continuous improvement initiatives that achieve synergies, efficiency and greater effectiveness.
- Must be a collaborate teammate who is hands-on, supportive of co-workers, and professional strategic thinker that contributes to problem solving to accomplishing business objectives.
You should definitely have:
- Bachelor's degree
- 8+ years of acquisition experience
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent interpersonal, organizational, analytical, problem solving, and written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks under competing deadlines and shifting priorities within constrained timelines.
- A self-starter with strong motivation, initiative and ability to work independently as well as function as a member of a team in a changing environment.
- Strong analytical and detail-oriented problem-solving skills
It would be nice if you had:
- Supply Chain Management specialized training/certifications (CPM)
- High level of proficiency in Oracle Cloud ERP
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite and inflight connectivity landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including DTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Flexible work arrangements
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
Other Job Info:
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job
- Job requires ability to lift up to 20 lbs
Apply on company website