Help meet physical and instructional needs of individual students with disabilities inside and outside classroom. Assist with the implementation of classroom programs, including self -help, behavior management, and instruction programs. Work under general supervision of principal and immediate direction of certified teacher.
Associate's degree, two years of study at an institution of higher learning, or have met formal academic assessment as required by the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) Valid Texas educational aide certificate
Ability to work with children with disabilities Ability to follow verbal and written instructions Ability to communicate effectively
Two years of experience working with children
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Help teacher prepare instructional materials and classroom displays.
2. Help maintain a neat and orderly classroom.
3. Help with inventory, care, and maintenance of equipment.
4. Help teacher keep administrative records and prepare required reports.
5. Provide orientation and assistance to substitute teachers. Student Management
6. Help meet the individual needs of student(s) including transferring to and from wheelchairs; lifting and positioning; interpreting instructions; and assisting with physical needs and personal care such as feeding, bathroom needs, and personal hygiene.
7. Help manage the behavior of assigned student(s). This includes intervening in crisis situations and restraining disruptive or dangerous student as needed.
8. Recognize differences in student's special medical, physical, communicative, and emotional needs and adapt methods and interaction according.
9. Work with assigned student(s) or small groups to develop motor skills and conduct instructional exercises assigned by teacher.
10. Help supervise and assist assigned students throughout school day, inside and outside classroom. This includes lunchroom, bus, and playground duty.
11. Keep teacher informed of special needs or problems of assigned student(s). Other
12. Maintain confidentiality.
13. Participate in professional development programs, faculty meetings, and special events as assigned.
14. Any and all other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Standard office equipment including computer and peripherals; standard instructional equipment; other specialized and adaptive equipmentused by students
Frequentstanding; kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Frequent walking and reaching
Frequent light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds); Occasional heavy lifting (45 pounds or over) and positioning or students with physical disabilities, controlling behavior through physical restraint, assisting non-ambulatory students, and lifting and moving adaptive and other classroom equipment
Work inside and outside (exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather); exposure to noise; exposure to biological hazards (bacteria, communicable diseases)
Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress
Apply on company website