Provides coaching and support to classroom teachers to ensure the continuous development of instructional skills among assigned teachers. Evaluate the performance of assigned classroom teachers.
Bachelor's degree Master's degree from accredited university preferred Valid Texas teaching certificate
Knowledge of curriculum design and implementation Ability to interpret data and evaluate instruction programs and teaching effectiveness Ability to develop and deliver training to adult learners Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Three years of SPEDteaching experience in subject area assigned
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Work collaboratively with assigned classroom teachers to establish realistic and measureable objectives related to both the teacher's individual professional development and student learning.
2. Support the continuous professional growth and improvement of teacher instructional skills through coaching and collaborative problem solving.
3. Observe classroom instruction and provide feedback and coaching to classroom teachers to facilitate improvement and innovation. Demonstrate teaching strategies with students in classroom.
4. Evaluate teacher effectiveness in accordance with established district programs.
5. Plan and provide appropriate staff development for teachers, administrators, and staff. Instructional and Program Management
6. Work with teachers to analyze and interpret student data and use findings to develop and apply instructional strategies.
7. Develop curricular or behavioral support materials as needed.
8. Disseminate information regarding current research and significant developments on the state and national levels in area assigned. Other
9. Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
10. Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and local board policy.
11. Follow district safety protocols and emergency procedures.
12. Any and all other duties as assigned by your immediate supervisor.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Standard office equipment including personal computer and peripherals
Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Repetitive hand motions, frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching
Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds)
Work inside; frequent districtwide travel; occasional statewide travel
Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress
Apply on company website