Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
The Project Manager will support the Building & Construction business line by managing projects that will include testing and consulting for new design and the evaluation, investigation, and design of products and services. As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that projects flow smoothly through completion. This includes, handling project schedules, coordinate with staff to keep schedules up to date, and provide input when issues or delays arise. We're looking for a candidate who can effectively manage a team while providing exceptional customer service.
- Follow and enforce all safety requirements and company policies
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Sales of all services and products
- Develop new customers and follow the industry needs for company expansion
- Take full responsibility for assigned projects
- Assist in preparation, writing, and processing of proposals/quotes
- Perform necessary research on special projects
- Communicate with clients on test preparation, procedures, results, and reporting matters
- Use AutoCAD to prepare working drawings for curtain wall mock-ups, if applicable
- Coordinate schedule based on available personnel and equipment
- Conduct hands-on physical work relative to areas of responsibility and as assigned
- Review and thoroughly understand contract requirements and document any deviations
- Advise client of extra costs as they are incurred and obtain contract change orders as required
- Review and understand budgeted personnel and equipment, taking full responsibility to operate within proposed budget
- Prepare and submit accurate, concise reports on all projects assigned
- Submit timely invoices for all projects
- Supervise personnel relative to assigned projects
- Provide training to personnel as requested or required for project specific needs
- Write test procedures for new test methods
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelors of Science degree in in related field preferred
- 4+ years directly related experience
- Complete working knowledge of all equipment, test methods, and applicable specifications associated with areas of responsibility
- Technical competence to effectively communicate test procedures, specifications, and results with customers
- Demonstrable competence in the command of the English language, including grammatical skills
- Demonstrable competence in reviewing and preparing technical reports
- Ability to understand and apply new test methods and procedures for assigned projects
- Possession of strong planning and organization skills with the ability to meet changing priorities and strict deadlines
- Knowledge of and experience utilizing AutoCAD
- Ability to travel as business needs dictate
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website