The IQVIA Rare Diseases (RD) subunit within the Internal Medicine Therapeutic Delivery Unit (TDU) is dedicated to assisting our customers in driving healthcare forward and enabling medical breakthroughs that advance healthcare and patient treatment options around the world. We are seeking a seasoned portfolio lead with leadership and therapeutic expertise to join our growing team.
As the line manager and portfolio lead within the RD subunit, you will provide delivery oversight as senior point of accountability for RD customer portfolios, management and development of RD project managers and support for strategic initiatives and subunit growth. Your knowledge and skillset will be relied upon to drive delivery excellence and customer satisfaction, motivate teams and develop talent within your reporting line and provide support for operational strategy in business development efforts.
The RD subunit is rapidly expanding with a number of exciting customer partnerships to go along with a talented group of project managers. This is a great chance for a strategic leader with deep therapeutic experience to influence the growth and performance of this large and important portfolio of work. Candidates with the following qualifications will be well-matched for this exciting opportunity!
- Operational expertise and demonstrated history of driving delivery across customer portfolios with multiple concurrently running clinical trials
- Therapeutic experience in relevant indications (e.g., in-born errors of metabolism, rare storage disorders and hemoglobinopathies, stem cell and gene therapy, etc.) and interventional trial dynamics
- Excellent financial and project management acumen
- Strong customer centricity and ability to work with customers of different size and experience
- Effective at motivating teams to encourage productivity, delivery and quality as well as customer satisfaction
- Skilled in team-building and management and effective support and professional development of clinical project management staff
- Support RD subunit global portfolio head and work with clinical project managers to make sure project budget(s) meet financial and company goals (realization targets), with a focus on proactively ensuring adherence to change control processes.
- Oversight of customers and program delivery within portfolio as well as direct report to ensure all study management and project deliverables are completed per Contract, to achieve quality deliverables on time and within budget and in accordance with SOPs, policies and practices. As their first point of contact, provide effective and timely consultation/guidance to clinical project managers on issue resolution.
- Support the sales process and attend bid defense meetings.
- May serve as a back-up on projects as needed.
- Serve as a project management liaison with other groups within IQVIA.
- Drive consistency of operational delivery across customer's projects/programs; make sure plans are implemented following approval by senior management.
- Maintain current product and project knowledge. Provide consultation to clients on drug development process, strategy, and plans as needed.
- Collaborate with other management and leadership team members to proactively identify resourcing solutions and project and/or individual needs in order to manage studies.
- Work with individual staff to identify any quality issues within the study and provide coaching on resolution of issues, including implementation of corrective and preventative action plans and escalation.
- Direct, manage and mentor an assigned team of clinical project management staff who lead or support studies or programs. Actively provide guidance/coaching around project planning, project review, risk management and problem solving to achieve global alignment of work practices across the team through the adoption and use of all process and technology tools and improvements by employees.
- Participate in and champion function and/or corporate initiatives, changes and/or special project assignments; act as a client liaison, departmental cross-functional liaison and/or change agent; provide technical expertise and clinical project management experience to project management and training and process improvement efforts.
Bachelor's degree in life sciences or related field and 10 years clinical research experience including 6 years leadership experience (experience managing people desired); or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- In depth knowledge of, and skill in applying, applicable clinical research regulatory requirements; i.e., Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines
- Broad protocol knowledge; therapeutic knowledge desired
- Strong understanding of Clinical Research industry (drug/device/ technology/etc.) and the relevant environments in which it operates
- Strong understanding of the competitive environment and how to communicate/demonstrate value through IQVIA solutions
- Strong understanding of other IQVIA functions and their inter-relationship with Project Leadership
- In depth understanding of project management practices and strong history of demonstrated project management capabilities
- In depth understanding of, and experience managing, contractual obligations and implications
- Demonstrated strong understanding of project financials and managing project P&L
- Proven ability to manage a team and work through others in a global environment to deliver results to the appropriate quality and timeline metrics. Provides others with a clear direction; delegates work appropriately and fairly; motivates and empowers others; monitors/manages performance and provides feedback and coaching; recruits, develops and retains staff of a high caliber
- Excellent customer service skills and demonstrated ability to understand customer needs, have difficult conversations with internal/external stakeholders and customers, and negotiate solutions
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Good judgment and decision making skills
- Effective mentoring and training skills, fostering learning and knowledge sharing with colleagues
- Strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated learning agility and openness to learning and keeping own knowledge and skill set current and evolving
- Excellent communication skills, including good command of English language
- Strong software and computer skills, including MS Office applications
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
- May require occasional travel
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% as needed
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website