Q2 Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. With a relentless focus on quality and innovation, Q2 Solutions uses its global experience and scientific expertise to transform science and data into actionable medical insights that help customers improve human health. A joint venture of IQVIA (formerly QuintilesIMS) and Quest Diagnostics, Q2 Solutions combines the best of each parent organization's clinical trials laboratory services capabilities to fulfill its mission of treating each sample as if a life depends on it.
- Evaluate computational efficiency of large-scale scientific computing systems, such as those needed for genomic sequencing, identifying scientific system software components in need of
- improvement or replacement.
- Manage infrastructure (SW updates/HW replacements) to support large-scale scientific computing projects, such as genomic sequencing.
- Assist Sr. Bioinformaticist in the analysis of client projects or conduct analysis of smaller scale projects independently.
- Develop programming documentation including plans and specifications, as appropriate.
- Provide bioinformatics technical expertise in conjunction with internal and external clients, and independently bring project solutions to teams and department.
- Perform and potentially plan the development, implementation and validation of new product technologies and applications.
- May manage budget and resource requirements; understanding budget and quote assumptions.
- May provide training and guidance to new and lower level staff.
- All responsibilities are essential job functions unless noted as nonessential (N).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong foundational knowledge in Linux/UNIX-based systems
- Proficiency in computing languages such as C/C++, Perl, Python, Shell scripting with Bash environment or similar general purpose programming languages
- Familiarity with quantitative tools or languages such as R, SAS, or related analysis software
- Proficiency in SQL is desired
- Good organizational, interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and projects
- Strong level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree or educational equivalent in bioinformatics, statistics, computer science, biology, genetics or related field and 4 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree or
educational equivalent in bioinformatics, statistics, computer science, biology, genetics or related field and 2 years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education,
training and experience; or PhD or educational equivalent in computer science, bioinformatics, statistics, genetics/molecular biology, or related field; or equivalent combination of education,
training and experience
- Extensive use of telephone, computer aided, and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech and clear articulation and idea formation.
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers
- Occasional travel
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
Apply on company website