This is an important and high-profile role within IQVIA. Project leaders are the people who lead the delivery of our studies bringing drugs to market faster and ultimately improving patients' lives. It is a role that requires you to liaise directly between IQVIA functions and the customer, acting as that accountable point for delivery and quality whilst maintaining financial control.
As a project leader you will manage cross functional teams across this global organization. You will be supported by domain experts in every function, enabled by best in class technology and data analytics. Key collaborators are the Clinical Lead for site management, the Project Management Analyst for project coordination, tracking and financial analysis, and the Site Activation Manager an expert in start-up. IQVIA's size and global footprint will present you with the breadth of opportunities necessary to develop your career.
While projects vary, your typical responsibilities might include:
- Serving as the primary project contact with the client
- Leading and managing cross-functional project teams
- Project status reporting and surveillance for risk
- Monitoring team performance against contract and client expectations and according to key performance metrics
- Leading problem solving including management of risk and issue resolution
- Developing or reviewing study management plans
- Managing team resource assignments and accountability
- Oversight of database management
- Ensuring compliance with study tools, training materials and standard processes, policies and procedures.
You will need to be comfortable collaborating and communicating with a variety of colleagues and clients. Ideally, you will also have some global experience and a pharmaceutical or CRO background.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- In depth technical and/or therapeutic expertise and knowledge of study, project and drug development processes
- Demonstrated financial management skills, including project financial tracking and accounting methods
- In depth knowledge of, and skill in applying, applicable clinical research regulatory requirements; i.e., Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including good command of English language
- Excellent customer management skills
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to balance operational and strategic priorities
- Proven ability to work through others to deliver results to the appropriate quality and timeline metrics
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Highly effective team leadership skills
- Sound judgment and decision making skills
- Strong software and computer skills, including MS Office applications
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences or related field and 12 years clinical research experience including 8 years project management/ leadership experience, including multi-regional and global focus; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers.
- Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech.
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time.
- May require occasional travel.
Apply on company website