IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Country Operations Manager
ODN - Oncology Data Network
Around the world healthcare stakeholders are working to improve real-world patient outcomes through treatment innovations, care provision and access to healthcare. IQVIA provides the information, technology and service solutions they need to drive new insights and approaches. With a global team of 65,000, we harness insights, commercial and scientific depth, and executional expertise to empower clients to achieve some of their most important goals: improving clinical, scientific and commercial results, realising the full potential of innovations and ultimately, driving healthcare forward.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of an ambitious initiative that will establish the first comprehensive long-term Oncology Data Network across Europe. It is our belief that availability and transparency of treatment data lead to improved patient care. As such, in collaboration with leading pharmaceuticals and in consultation with healthcare professionals, governments and patient groups, IQVIA is leading the development of a pan-European information infrastructure to collate comprehensive, up-to-date and validated data on how anti-cancer medicines are used in clinical practice. Working with healthcare data providers across Europe, this initiative will enable the oncology community to keep pace with innovation and derive the greatest value from anti-cancer treatments.
Job Description Overview
This pan-European initiative is gathering momentum and now requires a dedicated Country Operations Manager who will report directly to the Country Programme Manager to support the day-to-day execution of tasks in support of the implementation of the initiative in that market. It is envisioned that each country will have a dedicated team to adapt the overarching European strategy to the specifics of the market: customization to healthcare setting; adaptation to specialty care environment, center enrollment, deployment planning, IT/EMR engagement, project and contract management. The Country Operations Manager will lead the execution of specific projects and workstreams as per the Programme Manager's plan against time, cost and quality benchmarks. As such it is a high profile role of strategic importance.
Supporting execution of country planning, including:
- Carrying out country planning in close collaboration with Country Lead
- Deriving tactical solution to mitigate issues and risks
- Reporting country's progress and issues to central programme management office
Coordinating the overall country deployment schedule and managing multiple sites' deployment plans:
- Working with the technical teams to track progress and coordinating work across deployments
- Defining with the technical team site-specific project plan and track progress
- Liaising with stakeholders at hospitals to assure timely implementation of deployment plan when necessary
- Liaising with the central technical team and supporting country's deployment team to navigate and resolve implementation issues
- Overseeing in-country resource allocation and working with central PMO and central deployment teams to resolve peak demand issues
Managing relationship with third parties:
- Supporting vendor negotiation and definition of service-level agreements
- Monitoring and reporting on the performance of partners to ensure delivery in line with contractual obligations and performance metrics
- First point of contact for issue management
Assuring smooth operations
- Carrying out budget monitoring and expense management
- Monitoring of key processes, standards and controls
- Interfacing with IQVIA operations and support functions (HR, Finance, IT, Procurement, Legal)
Qualifications & Experience and Skills
- BS/BA required, advanced degree preferred, either in Life Sciences or Business
- Highly organised and operationally minded individual who thrives under pressure
- Demonstrable experience managing complex projects, particularly those involving technology implementation components within the hospital environment
- Ability to prioritise and structure work in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to manage senior stakeholders and competing, rapidly changing priorities
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- First-hand experience of the hospital sector and/or specialty care environment in-country an advantage
IQVIA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We cultivate a diverse corporate culture across the 100+ countries where we operate, celebrating and rewarding teamwork and inclusiveness. By embracing our differences, we create innovative solutions that are good for IQVIA, our clients, and the advancement of healthcare everywhere. This is a priority vacancy for our team. We are keen to progress to interview as quickly as possible to identify the best candidate for the role.
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
Apply on company website