IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
IQVIA is seeking a Director, Project Management with Pharmacovigilance experience.
Closing date: 5th December 2019
Competitive salary offered
The Director, Project Management oversees the end-to-end delivery of drug safety system implementations, drug safety department improvements, global project harmonization, project resource management and managing customer relationships.
- Serve as the European lead for the Program Management Practice in the PV (pharmacovigilance) Organization.
- Single point of escalation for all European projects. Direct and lead project activities for team members related to their project-oriented tasks to ensure that project/program milestones are met.
- Manage the scope of work, objectives, quality of deliverables, and other project management activities for the project(s) and/or multi-project program(s) including large complex global projects involving up to 80 internal and client team members
- Ensure the development of project plans for all phases of the project and associated deliverables including creating and managing master project plans, managing / maintaining budget, issue and jeopardy management, and coordination of multiple work streams with a focus on schedule, scope and budget. This may include managing client projects from initiation to close or coordinating across multiple projects, developing and reviewing project deliverables, and tracking the resources on those projects, and providing Quality Assurance.
- Managing problem resolution, including determining the root cause, and driving corrective actions to prevent the problem from reoccurring.
- Be knowledgeable about our delivery methodologies and be able to clearly explain them to our clients.
- Supervise maintenance of project management information and data tracking systems.
- Performing process assessments, assisting in vendor selections, developing and analyzing reports, conducting training sessions, managing customer relationships, and attending bid defenses as necessary to represent project management/program management capabilities.
- Support sales efforts, authoring proposals and Statements of Work, business case development, interviewing candidates, and building resource capacity models. Identifying other potential project opportunities at assigned clients.
- Work with Business Development to finalize the project budget and scope of work and manage project budget(s) to meet financial and company goals (realization targets), proactively ensuring adherence to change control processes.
- Evaluate impact of risk, develop and implement quality and risk management plans for minimizing impact on project objectives and deliverables.
- Continually review and ensure adequate resources are available to meet project deliverables and milestones.
- Develop and implement continuous improvement for assigned projects and programs.
- Act as a key relationship manager for assigned clients; recommend courses of action regarding customer management issues; implement plan following approval by senior management.
- Participate in RFP and budget development, evaluate feasibility of potential programs and impact on company operations and goals
- Participate in sales/proposal presentations in face-to-face meetings with potential customers.
- Provide technical expertise and insights into project management experience to Project Manager(s) and training efforts.
- May take project management lead role for specified customer(s), including acting as team member on operation and/or steering committees with strategic partners.
- Serve as a project management liaison with other groups within IQVIA.
- Manage staff in accordance with organization's policies and applicable regulations. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding professional development; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems. Approve actions on human resources matters.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree + 12 years related experience including 7 years project management exp
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- 5+ years of Consulting experience
- 5+ years of experience working on projects related to drug safety (PV)
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good problem-solving & decision making skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results to the appropriate quality and timeline metrics
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Good team leadership skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong software and computer skills, including MS Office applications
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
- 70%, domestic & international
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
Apply on company website