Q2 Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. With a relentless focus on quality and innovation, Q2 Solutions uses its global experience and scientific expertise to transform science and data into actionable medical insights that help customers improve human health. A joint venture of IQVIA (formerly QuintilesIMS) and Quest Diagnostics, Q2 Solutions combines the best of each parent organization's clinical trials laboratory services capabilities to fulfill its mission of treating each sample as if a life depends on it.
Provides professional and technical skills and knowledge to ensure accurate and timely performance of regular and specialized testing in Flow Cytometry to obtain data for use in diagnosis and recording clinical trial laboratory test results.
- Exhibits team leadership skills by mentoring, guiding, and providing technical expertise on specialized techniques to team members and training of junior staff.
- Demonstrates mastery of specialized technical, scientific and/or administrative skills specific to this role.
- Performs and reports test results for all clinical laboratory procedures as assigned, both automated and manual, in the clinical laboratory department.
- Demonstrates proficiency, competency and understanding of fundamental principles of clinical laboratory procedures with minimal amount of supervision.
- Notifies Supervisory team of any irregularities of factors, which may influence test results.
- Uses the control measures and personal protective equipment provided, reports any safety related deficiencies and contribute to improving accident and safety performance.
- Ensure compliance with all local, federal, CLIA and CAPA regulations.
- Adhere to laboratory's quality control policies, and document all quality control activities and maintain a clean and well-organized work area.
- Maintains proficiency and training requirements.
- Participate in special projects and other duties, as assigned by supervisor.
- REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Detailed knowledge of specialized laboratory equipment, clinical testing procedures, and applicable laboratory testing regulations.
- Problem solving ability and maintain clear communication with peers and superiors.
- Ability to trouble- shoot equipment and test methods.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Biomedical Laboratory Science, Clinical Science or related field with 4 years' of relevant laboratory and/or Clinical Trials experience as a Lead in Flow Cytometry; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Applicable certifications, licenses, and experience as required by country, state, and/or other regulatory bodies.
- Current and valid California State Clinical Laboratory Scientist License (CLS) required.
- Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality.
- Ability to lead, guide and mentor a team.
- Ability to work in fast pace environment required.
- Hours and days may vary depending on operational needs
- May be exposed to hazardous materials, blood specimens and instruments with moving parts, heating or freezing elements, and high speed centrifugation
- Repetitive manual pipetting may be necessary
- Ability to lift a minimum of 10 lbs. and perform repetitive motions.
- Must be able to wear protection devices as needed in the lab environment.
- Must be able to access laboratory equipment on bench tops or equivalent while using both hands to perform manual dexterity operations
- Must be able to work in a seated position for an extended duration (2h), with periodic breaks, while performing routine repetitive functions.
*A Clinical Laboratory Scientist with a limited license will only qualify for a CLS position within their specialty and only applicable in the following departments at the Regional Reference Laboratories: Chemistry limited license qualifies for Automated Chemistry or Esoteric Chemistry CLS positions; Toxicology limited license qualifies for Esoteric Chemistry CLS positions; Immunology limited license qualifies for Molecular or Immunology CLS positions; Microbiology limited license qualifies for Bacteriology, Molecular or Immunology CLS positions
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website