IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
The IQVIA Patient Centered Endpoints (PCE) team has three key priorities; (1) understand what is important to patients; (2) measure this in a well-defined, reliable, valid and interpretable way; and (3) share the data with regulators, payers, healthcare professionals and patients.
The PCE team has a dedicated group of statisticians and psychometricians to support them in achieving these priorities, but the demand is growing. Much of what is important to patients is best captured through Patient-Reported Outcome (PRO) and other Clinical Outcome Assessment (COA) instruments and our clients are increasingly incorporating these into their clinical drug development. The IQVIA PCE team want to ensure that these clients are using and/or developing only ‘fit for purpose' PRO/COA instruments.
Testing whether PRO/COA instruments are ‘fit for purpose' involves the use of psychometric techniques to establish cross-sectional and longitudinal measurement properties i.e. reliability, validity and sensitivity to change. We also want to encourage the use of modern psychometric techniques to assist in instrument development/adaptation, develop scoring algorithms and rules, and to inform PRO/COA data interpretation. Using psychometrics in this way is at the cutting edge of the growing PCE science movement.
We have opened a new opportunity for another psychometrician to join the PCE team. The psychometrician will work closely with global clients and will thus require a unique blend of technical excellence, task management/prioritization expertise, and broad communication skills. The position – as you would expect in IQVIA - offers opportunities for professional skills development and growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Writes psychometric analysis plans (PAPs), including development of statistical outputs shells
- Performs psychometric analyses, including SAS programming to create statistical outputs (e.g., tables, listings, figures) for projects with moderate scope.
- Interprets outputs from psychometric analyses for internal and external stakeholders
- Writes technical reports, and study reports presentations. Assists with development of abstracts and manuscripts where required (authorship offered where criteria met)
- Works on projects where independent judgment is used within generally defined procedures and practices.
- Maintains proficiency of skills and knowledge and remains current with industry trends
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Familiarity with basic statistical methods that apply to Phase I-IV clinical trials
- Strong computer skills, including SAS and Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including grammatical/technical writing skills; fluency in English
- Excellent attention and accuracy with details
- Ability to confidently communicate with and effectively present information.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Strong individual initiative
- Strong organizing skills
- Strong commitment to quality
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Expertise in traditional psychometric methods for evaluating PRO/COA instrument measurement properties
- Experience in modern psychometric techniques for developing PRO/COA instruments
- Master's degree or educational equivalent in biostatistics, psychometrics, applied statistics, mathematics, epidemiology or related field; Bachelor's degree or educational equivalent in in biostatistics, psychometrics, applied statistics, mathematics, epidemiology or related field and 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience with programming in SAS and/or R, and familiarity with implementation of statistical design and analytic methodology
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
Apply on company website