The IQVIA Respiratory, Reproductive, Ophthalmology & Other (RROO) subunit within the Internal Medicine Therapeutic Delivery Unit (TDU) is dedicated to assisting our customers in driving healthcare forward and enabling medical breakthroughs that advance healthcare and patient treatment options around the world. We are seeking a seasoned portfolio lead with leadership and therapeutic expertise to join our growing team.
As the senior leader overseeing the RROO subunit global portfolio, you will support strategic planning and focus on driving respiratory, reproductive health and ophthalmology portfolio growth while ensuring customer service and operational delivery excellence. Your knowledge and skillset will be relied upon to facilitate corporate business objects and contribute to continuous quality improvement within your portfolio and across the larger organization. As a leader within the larger organization, you will leverage your experience to motivate the teams and resources within your remit, grow your portfolio of work and develop our pool of internal talent.
The RROO subunit is rapidly expanding with a number of exciting customer partnerships to go along with a talented group of project managers. This is a great chance for a strategic leader with deep therapeutic experience to influence the growth and performance of this large and important portfolio of work. Candidates with the following qualifications will be well-matched for this exciting opportunity!
- Extensive therapeutic experience in relevant indications (e.g., COPD, asthma, IPF, CF, OAB, infertility, endometriosis, prenatal indications, AMD, glaucoma, conjunctivitis, etc.) and interventional trial dynamics
- Excellent financial and project management acumen at departmental level
- Talent for identifying and influencing decisionmakers to achieve and accelerate objectives
- Record of achievement and history growing strategic relationships
- Effective at motivating teams to encourage productivity, delivery and quality as well as customer satisfaction
- Skilled in team-building and management and effective support and professional development of clinical project management staff
- Collaborate with Internal Medicine TDU leadership to craft and deliver overall unit strategy, consistency and quality
- Coordinate efforts across entire RROO portfolio and work with line and portfolio management, as well as clinical project managers, to make sure project budget(s) meet financial and company goals (realization targets), with a focus on proactively ensuring adherence to change control processes.
- Accountability for RRO portfolio and staff ensuring study management and project deliverables are completed per Contract, to achieve quality deliverables on time and within budget and in accordance with SOPs, policies and practices.
- Ownership for growing the RRO portfolio, helping to drive the sales process and orchestrate effective proposal and bid defense support.
- Serve as a senior project management liaison with other groups within IQVIA.
- Drive consistency of operational delivery across RROO portfolio
- Maintain current product and project knowledge. Provide consultation to clients on drug development process, strategy, and plans as needed.
- Collaborate with other management and leadership team members to proactively identify resourcing solutions and project and/or individual needs in order to manage studies.
- At a departmental level, work with RROO staff to identify quality issues and provide coaching on resolution, including implementation of corrective and preventative action plans and escalation.
- Direct, manage and mentor an assigned team of line managers, portfolio leads and clinical project management staff. Actively provide guidance/coaching around project planning, project review, risk management and problem solving to achieve global alignment of work practices across the team through the adoption and use of all process and technology tools and improvements by employees.
- Participate in and champion function and/or corporate initiatives, changes and/or special project assignments; act as a client liaison, departmental cross-functional liaison and/or change agent; provide technical expertise and clinical project management experience to project management and training and process improvement efforts.
Bachelor's degree in life sciences or related field and 10 years clinical research experience including 6 years leadership experience (experience managing people desired); or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- In depth knowledge of, and skill in applying, applicable clinical research regulatory requirements; i.e., Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines
- Broad protocol knowledge; therapeutic knowledge desired
- Strong understanding of Clinical Research industry (drug/device/ technology/etc.) and the relevant environments in which it operates
- Strong understanding of the competitive environment and how to communicate/demonstrate value through IQVIA solutions
- Strong understanding of other IQVIA functions and their inter-relationship with Project Leadership
- In depth understanding of project management practices and strong history of demonstrated project management capabilities
- In depth understanding of, and experience managing, contractual obligations and implications
- Demonstrated strong understanding of project financials and managing project P&L
- Proven ability to manage a team and work through others in a global environment to deliver results to the appropriate quality and timeline metrics. Provides others with a clear direction; delegates work appropriately and fairly; motivates and empowers others; monitors/manages performance and provides feedback and coaching; recruits, develops and retains staff of a high caliber
- Excellent customer service skills and demonstrated ability to understand customer needs, have difficult conversations with internal/external stakeholders and customers, and negotiate solutions
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Good judgment and decision making skills
- Effective mentoring and training skills, fostering learning and knowledge sharing with colleagues
- Strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated learning agility and openness to learning and keeping own knowledge and skill set current and evolving
- Excellent communication skills, including good command of English language
- Strong software and computer skills, including MS Office applications
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
- May require occasional travel
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% as needed
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website