Do you want to join a fast-paced, growing team that will be using and working directly with the latest cloud technologies? The Technology & Security Operations department is seeking a talented and self-motivated Cloud Systems Engineer with a proven track record in deploying & engineering hybrid-cloud solutions for enterprise environments. Additionally, you will have successfully implemented solutions based on fit for use and requirements, i.e. business continuity; service level agreements; availability; capacity; security; as well as, configured cloud infrastructure for new services and have migrated enterprise workloads from on-premises to the public cloud and vice versa. Candidates will like working in a collaborative, team environment but are also capable of completing projects on time and on your own and will consistently look for areas to improve processes and procedures.
This role is under the Technology & Security Operations department focused on designing and implementing solutions that support JHA's data center strategy through enabling efficient, secure consumption of cloud platforms. There is an on-call rotation and you may potentially work nights and weekends based on business needs.
This position can be based to work out of any of the following: Lenexa, KS, Allen, TX, Houston, TX, Monett, MO or be 100% REMOTE from any US location.
- Must have a minimum of 6 years of experience in information technology.
- Must have experience in systems administration, architecture, or engineering.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience working with Microsoft Azure.
- Must be able to travel up to 10% to attend a conference or a training/meeting at various JHA locations.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience engineering enterprise scale solutions.
- Experience migrating workloads between clouds.
- Experience with scripting and/or automation (i.e. PowerShell, Bash, Python, Dome9, Terraform, etc.).
- Experience with networking concepts (i.e. subnetting, protocols, WAN connectivity, virtual networks).
- Experience with cloud security & governance (i.e. ACLs / Firewalls / Policy).
- Experience using source code repositories like GitHub.
- Experience with Linux in an enterprise setting (i.e. RHEL, CentOS, Fedora).
- Experience with industry frameworks and methodologies: ITIL/Agile/Scrum/DevOps/SRE.
- Experience with the Financial Services Industry and regulated environments.
- Experience diagramming solutions and documenting processes and standards.
- Provides operational system administration support for enterprise applications in a high availability, 24x7x365 environment.
- Performs IT functions such as design, analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging and implementation of applications programs in support of one or more functional areas.
- Analyzes, installs, acquires, modifies and supports operating systems, database or utilities software.
- Performs troubleshooting, resolution and problem analysis.
- Monitor alerting systems and servers.
- Review issues logs and network capacity reports to identify trends and solutions that should be implemented enterprise-wide.
- Maintains in-depth documentation of activities and system configuration.
- Develops custom reports to meet the business needs.
- Drive continual service improvement.
- Prepares systems assessments or certifications.
- Executes test processes and scenarios, track results, and make recommendations of system fixes.
- Assist with network disaster recovery initiatives. Implement solutions to streamline disaster recovery.
- Acts as a team lead
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Apply on company website